HELP NEEDED! Technics 1200 Set Up

stacyd83

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I really need some advice! I'm hoping to buy a Technics 1200 turntable in the next few days, I currently have a turntable with built-in pre-amp which connects directly to the AUX on my hi-fi (I have no PHONO on this hi-fi). I obviously know the Technics has no built in amp, so my question is this : What do I need to buy? Am I wrong in thinking I need a separate pre-amp which the turntable AND my hi-fi will connect to? I'm getting mixed messages from the seller on eBay about what I actually need. He seems to be saying I need a pre-amp AND a separate amplifier....Having just an AUX on my hi-fi is proving to be a pain!

Any help would be looked up on with great thanks!

Stacy.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
You will only need a pre to feed in to your aux input on your existing amp. The sort that you need will depend on, whether you will use a MM or MC cartridge and your budget. :)

stacyd83

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this. The seller on eBay just emailed and told me pre-amps don't make a difference - the stylus does...Hmm...Not sure about that.

Presume the MM/MC depends on the turntable? My current one is MM.

stacyd83

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this. The seller on eBay just emailed and told me pre-amps don't make a difference - the stylus does...Hmm...Not sure about that.

Presume the MM/MC depends on the turntable? My current one is MM.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts