Server Dilema

scorps

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
hi folks

im recieving a bit of money through an inheritance shortly and am after upgrading my system a bit

at the mo it consists of my laptop 6 yr old acer running through a beresford dac with offboard power supply

densen beat preamp, exposure xviii monoblocks, monitor audio GS60 chord cables throughout

im thinking of getting a dedicated server and after weeks of perusing various reviews have narrowed the list to 3 being sooloos control 15, naim hdx or olive 4 or 6 any suggestions

is a rare oppurtunity to get top end and id like to make sure i make right decision will b doing a demo if poss on em but hoping to get a nice bargain somewhere

will also b upgrading speakers at least but that another dilema for another post :)

any input greatly recieved

pete

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure whichever you get will give you gapless playback if it's important to you. There's nothing worse (imo) than listening to 2 tracks that should blend together, get interrupted by a pause.

I personally would not go down that route as I believe you can equal the sound quality at a fraction of the cost, but it's your choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts