Seriously, where are the Kef R series reviews from WHF?

nathanc

Jul 4, 2007
Visit site
:cry: I've been a subscriber for years and always thought the mag had a nice spread of reviews from different brands. I've kept a lot of the magazines so WHF is often my first stop, from there, I know what to put on my audition list...

So it must be 10 years since I bought my Kef Q35s. TBH, they still sound great (with some assistance from my Rel) especially after my recent Cyrus upgrades but an opportunity to upgrade is approaching but WHF have only reviewed the smallest R stand mounts. It would be great to see what they think of the 500 or 700 or even 900 or the Q series especially with B&Ws latest releases...

Surely its time for a mid range floor standing roundup? :grin:

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm a fully paid up kef r series fan boy however IMHO the floor standers lack some of the magic of the stand mounts, but I have not had them on home demo; only in the store.

But I would agree that bearing in mind the importance of the range one would have thought that they would have been included in some of the recent floor standing round ups.

As The-Lhc says if they have not reviewed them then they probably have not been sent any.

Do bear in mind that WHFSAV is not the 'be all and end all' of hifi mags, these speakers have been reviewed in other publications.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, we do rely on manufacturers to supply review products on the whole, although we do when necessary borrow them from a dealer or buy them if we need to. And much as we'd like to, we can't review every product on the market :)

nathanc

Jul 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, particular the WHF staff.

I dont work in the industry so I don't spend all day every day scouring the internet looking for new information, I'll see something in WHF then look for for further information if I'm interested. That said, something went wrong here as even after WHF's review of the 5.1 R100 based package, I didn't even realise there was a whole new R Range - I only discovered the range late last year!

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
Yes, we do rely on manufacturers to supply review products on the whole, although we do when necessary borrow them from a dealer or buy them if we need to. And much as we'd like to, we can't review every product on the market :)

Any good deals to be had? ;) :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts