Seriously Hacked Off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Arrrrrg! FFS just noticed something on the picture that i hadnt seen.....just below the 3 pin input...a fuse sign...DOH! just fliped it out and BINGO....a wee fuseholder with a spare fuse inside....yippee! bonus

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That transformer says 115/115 which is a dual primary tap, it can be either 115V (parallel wiring) or 230V (series wiring). If it wasn't wired correctly the amp/fuse would last less than a second.

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Well thankyou all for your input, if i hadnt taken the pics i would not have seen that fuse holder.....just put it all back together and slipped it in position....pluged in the mains and ....... WE HAVE LIGHT, so now i dont have to cancel the shin dig on Monday night :cheers: hope you all have a Great New Year :)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Mr Beachams said:
Well thankyou all for your input, if i hadnt taken the pics i would not have seen that fuse holder.....just put it all back together and slipped it in position....pluged in the mains and ....... WE HAVE LIGHT, so now i dont have to cancel the shin dig on Monday night :cheers: hope you all have a Great New Year :)
Nice have a good party and a happy new year :dance:

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Glad it's sorted. I ordered it as a UK voltage amp, so have no idea if it was adapted or how. I have now remembered (sorry) that the original fuse blew because it was the US standard one, but I replaced it and all was fine for ever afterwards (as far as I was concerned), and I assume that means it was done properly - it is offered as an option at point of sale. Hope it doesn't go wrong again, although I guess fuses do blow from time to time. If it's any help in increasing your confidence in it, I've now had 3 such amps and have had no problems...

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Will, yeh alls sorted... if not for the pics i would not have seen the fuse imprint on the IEC carrier, bad eyes 'n' all, been listning to the XX album from ministary of sound it was a chrimbo pressy from my youngest..... sounds real good, suprised at the production levels being kept in check.....time to keep boogie'n :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts