Seperate video/sound from HDMI input

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Is Pioneer VSX-820 capable of seperating the video and sound from HDMI input?

This is my plan:

Hook PS3 to AVR's HDMI-input. (Both video and sound goes with same cable) Hook TV to to AVR's HDMI-output, so that only video singal will pass. Hook Speakers to AVR's audio-outputs, so sound will split from signal that PS3 sends with HDMI.

28i7qc7.jpg

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The point is, that HDMI output is not specified for dedicated video/audio signal like RCA is, but it's for both at the same time. And in my case I want just the video from that output.

So, it's not that simple.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by speakers with RCA unless you have active (amplified) speakers, in which case you would be using the multi-channel outputs from the AV Receiver if fitted.

Just to add, all AV Receivers do what the OP wants. I'm therefore not sure I understand the question.....

Not all AV Receivers could process audio over HDMI but most current models do. The VSX-820 certainly does AFAIK.

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
d4v3pum4 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by speakers with RCA unless you have active (amplified) speakers, in which case you would be using the multi-channel outputs from the AV Receiver if fitted.

Well, I am total noob, and thought that speakers are connected with RCA :rockout:

What king of cable I need?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
You need speaker cable. RCAs are an interconnects and will not be necessary with the components in your diagram (except a cd player, depending on how you want to connect it).

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
BenLaw said:
You need speaker cable. RCAs are an interconnects and will not be necessary with the components in your diagram (except a cd player, depending on how you want to connect it).

and I need also plugs? Banana plug OK for 5-way binding post? And what plug goes into amplifier? Is supra good wire?

nads

you do not need Banana plugs but you can use them at both ends.

Supra make no nonsense cable but they do have a lot of different cable. there is better out there but it comes down to cost.

I have a mix of Supra cables in my AV set up. no idea what they are though i have forgotten.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts