Separates vs Integrated, Help me decide…

Wendle

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
HI All,

please help me decide from these options, need a good all rounder listen to lots of different genres. Rock, pop, Rnb, classic, etc.

Difficult getting auditions at one dealer for all brands so have not heard most of these combos.

Your opinions please…

Audiolab CDQ + Audiolab 8200P – have only heard these separately, 8200P sounded very laid back

The 8200P was heard with a dedicated rotel pre-amp (didn't see which, was in a hurry) and then Audiolab 8000A, as pre-amp the 8000A sounded terrible in comparison to Rotel)

Rotel RB1572 + RC 1580 + VDACII – have only heard RA1520, liked the energy, does this combo have similar energy, concern is class D amps

Anthem 225 + VDACII – liked the clarity of the Anthem but did not have punch and wide sound stage of Rotel 1520

Naim Nait 5i + DACMagic – have not heard at all

Rega Brio R and Rega DAC or Audiolab MDAC

:help:

A

Anonymous

Rega Brio R and Rega DAC or Audiolab MDAC - these are all excellent products, I think the two Rega's would go better together.

D class amps - you shouldn't really have a concern about these, many modern amps are D class and people don't have any issues with them. Having said that, you haven't stated your concern - is it the sound quality v A class?

Wendle

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
yup, sound quality is the ultimate concern.. other option could be Rotel RA1520 + rDac

although Rotel RC1580 + RB 1572 is good value... the Rotel site states can be used

as a home theatre extension, seems a waste if it ends up sounding like an AV amp

options.. options

Wendle said:
yup, sound quality is the ultimate concern.. other option could be Rotel RA1520 + rDac

although Rotel RC1580 + RB 1572 is good value... the Rotel site states can be used

as a home theatre extension, seems a waste if it ends up sounding like an AV amp

options.. options

Leema Pulse. Can be picked up for less than a Nait 5i and is in a different league to the integrateds you've mentioned.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leema-Acoustics-Pulse-II-/251207890159?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3a7d2834ef

And they accept returns if you don't like it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts