Sennheiser CX300-II

peter8171

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded my earbuds for my MP3 player recently and the difference has been a revelation. I'm hearing things on tracks that I'd forgotten were there. I'd thoroughly recommend these as an upgrade from any freebie set with an MP3 player. (And they were just under £30 on Amazon at the time.)

A

Anonymous

I'd second that. I have some which I use with my Touch. I must admit the first few of times I used them I thoughtthey were pants. Not a major upgrade on the old creative freebies I was using. Then suddenly they seemed to 'free up' and now sound great. I got them for £30 from HMV.

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
I had major doubts when I first tried mine and even went on forum to question the good reviews they had received. But.... after some time and some effort with the ear plugs all I can say is wow. But I do find that unless they are really in the right place and angle in your ear they sound very poor. But when they are good they are really good and all for the £19 I paid for them.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a pair of CX-500 which I picked up for £30 in HMV and these have made a world of differance to my musical enjoyment on my iPhone
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have got a set of these and find them excellent although I agree that they have to be positioned in the ears just so. Very good improvement over standard iPod earphones.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Certaintly an upgrade form the old cx-300 model. Found it more open and detailed and smoother overall with tighter bass. So much so i bought one and have being impressed.

Cheers,

Steve.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
They're now down at less than £15 on Amazon! For the price I don't think you can go wrong. I purchased a pair just under a fortnight ago at £13.49 and was so impressed I then decided to buy a spare set (now at £14.99 but including a pouch). When the second pair arrives I will confirm their value and authenticity. Certainly the pair I am listening to are a step up from the originals and a bargain to my ears.

That said, I have subsequently purchased a pair of Etymotic ER6i 'phones at £60 and discovered that if you are willing to pay that extra and also don't mind earbuds that penetrate deeply into the ear canal, you can find yourself listening with even greater detail, clarity and space. Mind you, I am still unconvinced about the claimed 'enhanced bass' and don't think that I want to spend prolonged periods with the flanged earpiece stuck in my lughole! Personally, I find the Er6i something to get used to and maybe that is wrong - a good pair of earphones, in my opinion, should be readily approachable. However, these 'phones suddenly revealed to me that the CX300 II model, though an excellent product at under £20, has its limitations. Even so, when in the mood, I will switch between the two.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Another satisfied CX300 mk II buyer here, also from Amazon for £13.99, in "eco" packaging (no plastic, all card packaging, good idea really), genuine article sold by Amazon, not an amazon marketplace trader.

Utterly brilliant upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS