Sennheiser CX 300 II or Beyerdynamic DTX 80

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Looking to buy some new headphones and its a choice between the two above. CX 300 II are available for £15 but cheapest I have seen the DTX 80 is around £75 so big price difference there and I'm not sure if they are worth the extra £60.

Has anyone had any experience of both of these and/or advice on what pair you wuould go for. I listen to a variety of music apart from the Hip Hop/Garage, heavy bass lice scene.

Would appreciate any views.............

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
After trying various in ear buds with my xfi , i dont think id ever buy any more in ear bids !

Instead id recomend portable over ear

The ones im useing at the moment are a 25 year old design and only cost £22 ,they are KOSS Porta pro

They are the most comfortable headhones i have used and the best sounding in the portable market,u hardly feel them being on ur head

Personally i also think they sound better than the latest IGRADO ,which have just been given 5 stars ,and they are certanly a dam sight more comfortable!

Not the answer u were looking for though , but u could get th CX300 get the Koss and still have more or less £40 left over ,when comparing prices from 300 to the dtx80

Watch out for Sennheiser there are lots of fakes about

Mark

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice but for my purposes in ear phones are the way to go outside and on the train.

So is there anyone out there who has tried the dtx80's then?

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Nadeac.

Regarding the comparison between the KOSS Porta pro and the IGRADO and being the owner of both of these headphones. In my opinion, the Koss fall way short in all respects of sound played through both headphones. The bass sound through the Koss is very compressed and does not (to my ears) allow the music to fill my head with sound as the IGRADOs do, yes for the price they are an excellent buy but, for the extra money required to purchase the Grados I believe that they are worth it. Agree with the 5* they have been given, no other headphone up to £100 can match the Grados for excellents in all listening departsments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts