Sennheiser 565 upgrade

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a set of Sennheiser 565 ovation headphones which i would like to replace/ upgrade.

The headphones are fed via a fubar 4 dac/ amp and i like all types of music but generally leaning towards folk along with the standard pop/ rock.

How much of a step up would i see in the 600 or 650 models from sennheiser? If i just wanted to replace as close to like for like which ranges/ makes should i be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
The general view on the forum and in the magazine lead towards the Grado's. They will probably make a show (as usual) in teh award issues.

I've always been a Sennheiser man (think I'm onto my 5th pair over the last 25 or so years - although I now also have apair Igrado's).

Play.com were selling the HD650's for £180 earlier in the year, which makes them great value for money, so I took a blind punt (it's difficult to demo decent phones),

They replaced my Sennheiser 570's and the difference is like light and day. Grado 325's seem to get better reviews, but tend to sell for list price. Have a look on on the web and see if you can get a deal!

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan

I have had a pair of 565 Ovations for approx 12 years and like you have been thinking of upgrading. As I paid £120 back in 1999 I would only upgrade if I could be guaranteed of a better sound for similar money (I listen to mainly rock/pop & R&B) I'm happy with the sound but obviously 12 years is a long time!

What did you upgrade to in the end ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts