Sending Floorstanders by Post / Courier UK?

When I bought my ATC SCM40 the manufacturer shipped them to my dealer via UPS, all 78kg of them - in two boxes.

Parcel Monkey and similar websites can be handy to get comparisons. I’ve recently had bookshelf speakers collected, as it avoids a trip to the Post Office with more chances to drop them!

Witterings

When I bought my ATC SCM40 the manufacturer shipped them to my dealer via UPS, all 78kg of them - in two boxes.

Parcel Monkey and similar websites can be handy to get comparisons. I’ve recently had bookshelf speakers collected, as it avoids a trip to the Post Office with more chances to drop them!

Certainly retailers don't have a problem getting speakers shipped but I'm sure for regular business they pay a fraction of what I woud to send a pair of speakres.

I had a really bad experience with Parcel Monkey a few years ago, cost me £250 because of their complete incompetence ,,,, I'd never go near them ever again!

I'm wondering if sending 2nd hand speakers of medium valu emay end up more hassle than it's worth.

Certainly retailers don't have a problem getting speakers shipped but I'm sure for regular business they pay a fraction of what I woud to send a pair of speakres.

I had a really bad experience with Parcel Monkey a few years ago, cost me £250 because of their complete incompetence ,,,, I'd never go near them ever again!

I'm wondering if sending 2nd hand speakers of medium valu emay end up more hassle than it's worth.
I’ve probably been lucky, but I’ve used DHL and ParcelForce with no issues. Parcel Monkey is useful for comparisons, but there if of course nothing to stop you buying direct. I did find PM’s tracking a bit confusing.

In the last couple of years I’ve posted two pairs of KEFs, a pair of Revels (separate boxes), and received a pair of QA and a big box of heavy stands - all ok.

Witterings

I used Parcelforce in the end (went yesterday), it's not the cost of sending them that's expensive so much as the bloomin insurance that cranks up the cost, was £80 so not cheap! Would have been 1/2 that without insuring the full value.

Cheers for eveyone's input.

I used Parcelforce in the end (went yesterday), it's not the cost of sending them that's expensive so much as the bloomin insurance that cranks up the cost, was £80 so not cheap! Would have been 1/2 that without insuring the full value.

Cheers for eveyone's input.
I know a guy who sells trade Hifi items and he never insures, even expensive DACs and the like. In effect he self-insures. He reckons it’s pointless because so many claims are disputed.

One of my last eBay sales was headphones, and the buyer never acknowledged getting them despite my asking several times. The Post Office didn’t get a signature even though I paid for that service - and accordingly refunded me £50 plus postage, so I got about £57 refund on a £65 sale. I got paid too, but I’ll never find out what happened!

Witterings

Only just seen this thread - Parcel2go website would’ve been the best to use. Very good prices from couriers.

I got a quote off of their site and Parcelforce direct was cheaper with the insurance, their prices look great until you go to buy and they ask the value then the cost goes way up if you want them covered for the full amount, one big difference they also said they wouldn't insure speakers for damage and Parcelforce didn't have that restriction.

Reactions: Freddy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts