Seeking advice on speaker cables (For Naim Nait 5i amp to Neat Motive 3 speakers)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could anyone recommend a pair of speaker cables for connecting Naim Nait 5i amp with Neat Motive 3s please?

I am currently using QED silver anniversary. A good choice for a badget system but I think now becoming a constraint in the system. I have also got a pair of pure silver cables. Very good quality but I found that it softens the lows and makes the high less bright which I found it kills the Naim's character a bit (make it doesn't sound as real as a Naim amp should be).

I have read some reviews about Naim A5 cables, some people think that it also produces some mellow low end. I never used them before. Any ideas?

Thanks

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I was in your situation recently with speaker cables with my Naim system.

I ditched my QED Xt and vought some Naim Naca5 and it is sheer amazing. The bottom end is certainly not mellow. The differences between that and qed is bass is more pronounce and fuller and the treble is not as piercing. Detail resolution is gained imho.

Ditch the qed cables and buy some Naca5. It is most definately worth it. I was a bit of a sceptic with cables prior to hearing the naca5 but now i am a believer. qed + Naim = a bright combination with less bass

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
rich51080:
I was in your situation recently with speaker cables with my Naim system.

qed + Naim = a bright combination with less bass

Qed + anything = bright and less bass :)

A

Anonymous

Don't let brockboogie see your setup. He's liable to come round and pilfer it.

A

Anonymous

I think it's the set-up, mate...ditch the whole thing and start over. It'll never sound right. Hell, I'm in a generous mood...I'll buy the stuff off you! I hate to see a fellow WHF member suffer like this!
emotion-5.gif

Failing that, you can always add some NACA 5 wire and the bloody system will sing.

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies.

Sounds like I should definately give a naim nac a5 a go. one thing that I am still thinking is that whether I should bi wire the speakers. Naim is not a fan of biwiring at all but it still says on their site that unless the speakers were designed to be bi wired. I had a look at the Neat's manual, it says clearly that bi wiring would improve the sound of the speakers. don't know whom I should listen to now.

rich51080, have you had your speakers bi wired on your naim amp?

A

Anonymous

The effects of bi-wiring vary from speaker to speaker IME. If the manufacturer (speaker) recommends it then it's likely to have a benefical effect. Worth trying IMHO. ALternatively get more expensive pair of single run and use jumpers.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I Single wire and use a metre offcut into 4 lengths for jumper cables.

I agree with Jaxon that a Quality single cable is better ie NACA5

TRENDING THREADS