Second Hand Amp Suggestions

bodski100

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all I have just recently got into vinyl and am currently using a Project Essential 2 with a Cambridge Audio 651p phono soundstage along with my monitor audio bronze speakers.

I'm after a second hand amp with a good phono stage to add a cd player at a later date and to link up with my marantz streamer budget is approx £100 and Im looking to use ebay etc.

Im looking for any models in particular I should be looking out for at this price.

Thanks in advance.

bodski100

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Im currently running my turntable through the phono amp then a marantz mcr510 network streamer, am I missing a trick is the 510 good enough for a beginner setup.

insider9

bodski100 said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Im currently running my turntable through the phono amp then a marantz mcr510 network streamer, am I missing a trick is the 510 good enough for a beginner setup.
It will really depend on speakers. It may be really good or really bad... What speakers are you running with it?

insider9

bodski100 said:
The speakers are Monitor Audio Bronze.
Ok, with these speakers I'd avoid bright sounding amps.

Already mentioned Arcam Diva e.g. A75+ would fit the bill nicely. Very good phono stage and should come on budget. NAD C320BEE or C350 would also do well. Two different beasts though. Sony STR-DB930 would do incredibly well at half the budget.

bodski100

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Well it appears I have lucked out with my amp searching.
My father has just loaned me a linn kolektor power amp and a linn lx85 amp along with a linn genki cd player as he is refreshing his gear.
Is the phono stage any good on the linn am I best sticking with the cambridge 651p.
Thanks in advance.

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I would try both and see what you like best.

Linn did make their name out of vinyl so I would expect the phono stage to be half decent.

That is a pretty good result a Linn pre and power combo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts