Second hand amp for Quad 11L2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

TullyK said:
:O Ok, quite excited about this option now. Are these 'upgraded caps' worth bidding on? There's another one I could bid on that's in slightly better cosmetic condition, which is an A-400X, whatever the X means..

Thanks again

The classic is the standard A400. The 'X' was its replacement and generally not considered to be quite as good.

Regarding the 'upgraded caps' I'd question the need for anything in the A400 to be upgraded. The original design with its original parts works very well itself and I'd personally prefer either a wholly original example or one in which the capacitors have been replaced on a like-for-like basis.

There are always plenty of these amps around so you can afford to be choosy.

TullyK

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just won an auction for a Pioneer A400 ono ebay. Payed £110 inc. p&p which may be over the odds, it was slightly over my budget. But I figured I could wait forever, and with my budget it wasn't worth searching ebay for perfection. Thanks everyone for the help they gave, I should have heard it in ten days or so, I'll have some feedback.

Tully

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts