Seasick Steve

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Picked up Man From another Time at the weekend it is one of those rare CD's I took an immediate liking to, It has been very well recorded.

I had been listening more on the Jazz or Folk side but I'm now on the lookout for something Similar to Steve in a Blues vain Modern and Well recorded, any suggestions other than more Steve. I already have some Keb Mo, David Johansen and of course Eric & BB.

A

Anonymous

I've got a couple of Steves albums, I also like Eric Bibb he has a different style but very good and wll recorded.

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
A bit more laid back but I totally took to Eric Bibb's Natural Light on first listen.

Stevie Ray for a bit more up tempo though.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
He's cracking live.

Saw him supporting Neil Young in Hyde Park '09 and headlining his own show at Brixton Academy a few months later.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Joe Bonamassa, i like Seasick steve as well have 3 album's...BUT Bonamassa is amazing, Benny.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I do allreay have some Stevie Ray and it is a touch Faster that I was looking For, The Sky is Crying probably gets the closest. I thought for a moment I had some Joe Bonemassa but must have borrowed a CD from someone, will have to have a look out for some CD's.

For Pure Guitar work I also Like Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Friday night in San Francisco though these are more up tempo and not Blues obviously.

A

Anonymous

If you like Seasick Steve, Keb Mo, Joe Bonamassa et al, then i highly recommend you try Otis Taylor for blues vain music either of his albums Respect the Dead or White African to start with..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
pwiles1968:
Picked up Man From another Time at the weekend it is one of those rare CD's I took an immediate liking to, It has been very well recorded.

The vinyl's lovely.

I had been listening more on the Jazz or Folk side but I'm now on the lookout for something Similar to Steve in a Blues vain Modern and Well recorded, any suggestions other than more Steve. I already have some Keb Mo, David Johansen and of course Eric & BB.

I like a guy called Little Toby Walker, not sure he gets general releases over here, I've got a couple of his albums when he's come over and played at local village halls, anyway, he generally plays acoustic blues in the old style, he's spent years travelling round the south finding all the old blues guitarists to learn their songs and techniques. He's an astonishing guitarist, although doesn't sound quite as "raw" as Seasick Steve, even though it's just him and his guitar, the only criticism I have of him is that his voice is sometimes a little too "happy" for the Blues, although he does play quite a few "funny" Blues songs (traditional ones though) where it's more suited.

He has a website, you might be able to get some previews off there. Oh there's a few of his albums on Spotify as well.

A

Anonymous

Some other U.K. artists you might wish to check out...

Ian Siegal / Swagger album especially,

Marcus Bonfantini / What good am i...was his last album.

Oli Brown / Heads i win tails you lose...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts