Sanyo PLV-Z700 settings

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

I have setup the Projector with a THX disc but i cannot find a picture that I am happy with. prefer my other projector at the moment which isn't Full HD.....strange

Any chance What HIfi could post some of there settings they used fro the Sanyo PLV-Z700/800 as they are both the same projector except for the power consumption

thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As a projector user myself, I know settings are even more personal than they are for TVs, as the amount of ambient light/type of projector screen you're using can have a lot of bearing on the perfect set-up for you.

I also find that I need a suite of settings to suit different content (eg sport, movies, standard TV) - just toggle between them as needed.

But i'll ask the test team if they've any particular pointers on the Sanyo.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
As a projector user myself, I know settings are even more personal than they are for TVs, as the amount of ambient light/type of projector screen you're using can have a lot of bearing on the perfect set-up for you.

I also find that I need a suite of settings to suit different content (eg sport, movies, standard TV) - just toggle between them as needed.

Thanks Clare I very much appreciate that, I mainly use a dark room with games and films. Thats it really
smiley-smile.gif

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:

Hi Clare, please help
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man said:
Hi there

I have setup the Projector with a THX disc but i cannot find a picture that I am happy with. prefer my other projector at the moment which isn't Full HD.....strange

Any chance What HIfi could post some of there settings they used fro the Sanyo PLV-Z700/800 as they are both the same projector except for the power consumption

thanks

Tricky one, as you've basically done what we would suggest. Have you tinkered with the settings since going through the THX disc? I certainly wouldn't be afraid to do so – the THX setup is a good starter but if you're not 100% happy then dive in and tweak away. Be sure to remember your original settings as you go in case you're not happy with your new results. It was a while ago now that we saw the Sanyo and sadly don't have it here to double-check the settings that we ended up using but regardless it will differ from room to room depending on light and electronics so we could only offer a guide.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Joe Cox said:
Garth Man said:
Hi there

thanks

Tricky one, as you've basically done what we would suggest. Have you tinkered with the settings since going through the THX disc? I certainly wouldn't be afraid to do so – the THX setup is a good starter but if you're not 100% happy then dive in and tweak away. Be sure to remember your original settings as you go in case you're not happy with your new results. It was a while ago now that we saw the Sanyo and sadly don't have it here to double-check the settings that we ended up using but regardless it will differ from room to room depending on light and electronics so we could only offer a guide.

Thanks for replying. I have delved into the advanced settings and changed the gamma, colour settings, and have tweaked to my head cannot take anymore but still cannot find a picture I am 100% happy with
smiley-frown.gif

The blacks just look plain rubbish, or too dark and the detail is missing. I'm finding the Hitachi better in comparison and that cannot be right!!!??

I only use it really in a dark room, so there's no light at all

Shame you don't have the Sanyo PLV-Z800 settings

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts