Santa? What did he bring you this year?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
star wars episode 4 blu ray steelbook (got 5-6 myself) pixels, american sniper, goosebumps dvd's jurassic world lounge pants, enough chocolate for 2 months and much more

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I got 2 GIK Q7d diffusers for my back wall.
They came Xmas eve and was up for Xmas day.

Now just need some time to have a listen

matthewpiano

No hi-fi equipment, by my own choice. I'm the happiest I've been with my system. The only thing I plan to do now is add a NAD MT-2 streamer which will give me Spotify through the hi-fi at a very accessible price.

For Christmas it has been about music - the fabulous new Alfred Brendel Complete Philips Recordings box set, and Igor Tevit's most recent 3-CD release of Bach , Beethoven and Rzewski.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
For Christmas it has been about music - the fabulous new Alfred Brendel Complete Philips Recordings box set ...

I remember he was your avatar until some twonk made you delete it ...

28947826224.jpg

Put him back.

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I plan to do now is add a NAD MT-2 streamer which will give me Spotify through the hi-fi at a very accessible price.

Just a tip, the Fon Gramofone will do the same for what I think is a fraction of the price, I have just ordered one as I am fed up of poor Bluetooth performance and hoped this would be more stable

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:
A dead'ish CD player.

Plugged my (preferred) DAD3Q in and ... nothing. Spins a little, laser tries to focus, now no spinning ... nothing.

Opened the old girl to check for a well known issue with capacitor/supply to the drive mech and although I can't see any leakage ordered a few 25v 10uf ones, a couple of SFM panasonics plus a few through hole ones just in case I got problems with the surface mount ones ... old age and jiitery hands n'all that. I would have measured the thing but my multi meter packed in a few months ago so another one is arriving too.

Same time ordered a new (chinese made) philips 12.4 replacement laser diode assembly.

The above should get her going again in a few days, failing that it will be an enquiry to cyrus which have been helpful in the past.

Sending her in will probably cost between £120 and £200 so I'd rather not as I can ill afford it.

Well, there you go. Santa is in DIY mood :-(

Meanwhile I use my 2nd, newer cyrus player.

Well, the laser assembly arrived. After an hour of fiddly de and re assembly it turns out it's not the laser. Never mind, got a spare one now.

Just waiting for my No. 10 Antex tip and capacitor/s and on we go :)

DarrenSmith

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
the brand new Quad Artera Play & Stereo (CD/DAC & Amp). Truly magnificent. I thought likely a 5% improvement on the Creek Destiny & Creek Evolution - but have something like 20% more transparency, stereo & depth

Jimmie Smith : Back at the chicken shack on just now, a little Garbage: Beautiful earlier, and Ben Webster's Soulville (I'm sure he was in the room playing sax) .

Currently (also new) Chord Epic cable to Quad 21L1 speakers in Birds Eye Maple - so system also a looker.

One very, very happy person (with the Quad Z4 speakers to come sometime soon)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts