Samsung UE49MU8000 vs UE49KS8000 vs Sony KD49XE9005

DjP

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking to get a new TV (why not?) have narrowed down to Samsung MU8000 or Sony XE9 (both 49" variants). I normally buy Sony TVs but have bought a couple of "second room" Samsungs recently and like the picture and smart apps (Sony still fail to support 4OD and ITV Player!). So, any views over this basic choice? Obv Sony won the 2017 award at this size, but the Samsungs win at other screen sizes.

The outlier is last year's Samsung (KS8000) which is now available for £800 (vs £1200ish for this years sets). Is this bargain a contender?

Thanks for any advice?

DjP

Samd

DjP said:
Hi all,

Looking to get a new TV (why not?) have narrowed down to Samsung MU8000 or Sony XE9 (both 49" variants). I normally buy Sony TVs but have bought a couple of "second room" Samsungs recently and like the picture and smart apps (Sony still fail to support 4OD and ITV Player!). So, any views over this basic choice? Obv Sony won the 2017 award at this size, but the Samsungs win at other screen sizes.

The outlier is last year's Samsung (KS8000) which is now available for £800 (vs £1200ish for this years sets). Is this bargain a contender?

Thanks for any advice?

I have the KS8000 and, certainly, at that price it's a steal! I cannot think of any negatives in a nearly a year of use. It doesn't do very well, in picture-terms, out of the box but there are plenty of 'settings' available on the net and very easy to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts