Samsung UE46C8000 Power Cord Connector Upgrade

Key_to_the_universe

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone I am looking to upgrade my stock power cord on my Samsung Slim Led HDTV to a Merlin Tarantula MK6 but the problem is that the TV has a captive power cord and has its own special connector.

photo2tp.jpg

photo1tbu.jpg

photo3vs.jpg

photo7zc.jpg

photoxq.jpg

Now I have seen that you can purchase the whole cable from Samsung spares here: http://www.4mysamsung.co.uk/product.pl?pid=2236750

But I am only looking for the white connector. Does anyone know what it is called?

My other option is to cut the cable 3" from the entry point and install a Male IEC connector that way I can connect a Merlin Tarantula MK6 IEC cable but cutting the stock cable will not be a complete upgrade.

What do you think? Thanks

jolls

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm asuming the Tv is under warrenty. Buy the Samsung cable as a spare because if the tv breaks down you can put the genuine Samsung cable back and not break any warranty T&C. As for the Merlin upgrade I'm afraid I have no idea.

abacus

If the cable is broken and it is under warrantee then get Samsung to fix it, if outside warrantee then just get the genuine article from Samsung.

BTW Don’t get conned by the manufactures of mains leads that say it improves the quality of the picture and sound, as it is absolute total rubbish, just get the genuine article with the connector from Samsung.

Hope this helps

Bill

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
That looks like a Samsung specific connector so you're not going to find one available to buy seperately. And to be honest I'd agree with the other guys on here and suggest you don't waste your money on an expensive and pointless mains cable - you'd be far better off getting a decent mains conditioner and plugging the standard cable into that.

TRENDING THREADS