Samsung UBD-K8500

dhp

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'd be Interested to read some Opinions,

The New Samsung Ultra HD Blu Ray Player , is on sale in the US for $399.00 but so far it is being advertised in the UK at £429.00 . Allowing for the exchange rate, that's quite a difference in price , I Think its a similar story for the Panasonic UBD 900. I expected to pay more than our transatlantic cousins , but not so much !

Is there a particular reason for this ? . E.G , Retailers Mark up ?

Also while i'm on the subject . The covers I have seen for the actual Ultra HD Blu Discs suggest that the package includes the Ultra HD Blu Ray disc , The Blu Ray Disc , and an Digital copy. I have been in touch with e-bay traders in the states who have confirmed that the Ultra HD Discs they are selling do indeed consist of Two Discs. However the ones for sale I have seen on the Zavvi and HMV websites all state that only one disc in the set . Does this mean no standard Blu Ray Disc ?,

And is it true that many of the Movies that will be realeased on Ultra HD Blu Ray , will be in fact be upscaled 2k rather than mastered from a True 4K Source. The reason being that many of the more recent Movies released where in in Fact in 2k because the Special effect sequences were rendered in 2k and therefore the Rest of the footage had to be produced in 2K to Match, even those shot using true 4K Cameras and equipment ? .

DHP

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dhp said:
Hi,

I'd be Interested to read some Opinions,

The New Samsung Ultra HD Blu Ray Player , is on sale in the US for $399.00 but so far it is being advertised in the UK at £429.00 . Allowing for the exchange rate, that's quite a difference in price , I Think its a similar story for the Panasonic UBD 900. I expected to pay more than our transatlantic cousins , but not so much !

Is there a particular reason for this ? . E.G , Retailers Mark up ?

Also while i'm on the subject . The covers I have seen for the actual Ultra HD Blu Discs suggest that the package includes the Ultra HD Blu Ray disc , The Blu Ray Disc , and an Digital copy. I have been in touch with e-bay traders in the states who have confirmed that the Ultra HD Discs they are selling do indeed consist of Two Discs. However the ones for sale I have seen on the Zavvi and HMV websites all state that only one disc in the set . Does this mean no standard Blu Ray Disc ?,

And is it true that many of the Movies that will be realeased on Ultra HD Blu Ray , will be in fact be upscaled 2k rather than mastered from a True 4K Source. The reason being that many of the more recent Movies released where in in Fact in 2k because the Special effect sequences were rendered in 2k and therefore the Rest of the footage had to be produced in 2K to Match, even those shot using true 4K Cameras and equipment ? .

DHP

firstly, i dont know why it's so expensive. regarding the discs i am 99% sure the ones advertised to come out already are 2 disc editions. and 80% of 4k movies so far are upscaled 2k source's.

very few native 4k or close resolution, examples of native 4k resolution are:

salt,hancock, asm2, expendables 3, the last witch hunter (i believe) and possibly a couple more. sicario is a 3.4k source upscaled to 4k so will still look fantastic. even 2k source's stlll look superb due to hdr/colours.

then some films are absolute dogmess. san andreas for example looks basically identical or worse than the 1080p edition. i will be using 4k disc reviews to see which ones to pick up..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts