SAMSUNG LE46F86BD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have decided to replace my Sony CRT and was all set on a Plasma. I had settled on the Panasonic TH50PZ70 and had the price all sorted.

We went out to Currys yesterday to have a look at them in the flesh and we we really taken by the SAMSUNG LE46F86BD. Yes it was playing a Bluray but the picture was brilliant and it looks great to. So off we go home to check on pricing. Then I realised it was an LCD TV

I have found the SAMSUNG LE46F86BD for £1476 including 3 year warranty, delivery, Tv1100/3 glass stand and a free DVD-F1080P DVD player.

We watch SKY, watch DVD's and have just got a Playstation 3.

Is this a good choice

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, at the end of the day, only you can decide which you prefer. However, I would advise caution against deciding on picture quality in a Currys showroom. The TVs are set to a very high brightness and contrast setting there generally and you'll find the picture is much different in your normally lit front room compared to the very brightly lit Currys showroom. Also, comparing a standard def picture on the Panny to a Blu-Ray picture on the Samsung isn't really a fair test.

If you really want to be sure, the only way to determine which set you prefer would be to get demos of both in a proper dimly lit demo room with the same sources as this gives a fairer representation of what the TV will look like in your front room. I've known a lot of people get TVs they said looked fantastic in the showroom be a little disappointed in comparison once they've got it home.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Put it this way: we reckon the Samsung is great value and one of the most impressive LCD TVs we've seen. Better than the Panasonic? No, but mighty fine value. I can understand why you were impressed. It's Full HD and will work a treat with the PS3, and the free DVD player/stand sounds like a good deal.

But I agree with professorhat: getting a proper demo is important, and of course Blu-ray will look better than standard TV or DVD.

A

Anonymous

So, you think the Panasonic is a better quality, despite the difference in contract and the panasonic is not true 24fps.

I don't know and do not claim to know about these things. The panasonic is being replaced but is is still worth buying.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts