Samsung le32a557p2f common fault?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Ok, first post here and glad to have found what looks like a great community.

Basically I have abit of a nightmare here, less than two years ago I bought a Samsung LCD TV, model number: le32a557p2f

It didn't take long for issues to begin, it used to be a problem where by it would constantly change picture size and switch inputs on its own at random points, regardless of TV settings.

Now more recently it doesn't power on prooperly, I get multi-coloured bars and lines all over the place, sometimes if you mess around with it long enough it will eventually turn on properly.

I have read others have had problems too.

Basically I would like to get something done about this, I believe there is a possibility of a defect from manufactor here?

Can anyone please confirm this is a common issue on this set?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Spoke to Comet on the phone, they were less than helpfull.

Don't really want to know about the problem and said the only way they would look at it is I paid £69 or something to have an engineer come out and look at it. They said if its a manufactor fault, they would then repair / replace.

Is it just me, or is that a total rip off? any engineer could come out, charge me the £69 or whatever it was and basically fob me off.

I'm not willing to pay the charge as they will most likely want to charge me for repairs etc and could basically tell me anything!!

Oh also, the sound has had issues on this TV since day one really, I should have returned it straight away, but put up with it as I had surround sound too..

Sound was shocking and vibrated badly at a very low volume, sounded somewhat distorted too.

Hopefully someone here can offer me some advice and / or let me know if any of my issues are common, I have searched on google and it seems there are plenty of people have had issues with this TV.

TRENDING THREADS