Samsung k8500 vs Oppo 203 vs Pioneer 91

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

So I currently own these 3 players and have been comparing to interesting results. I think I prefer the Samsung K8500 overall! The Oppo is very good with very good 4k performance and Blu-Ray and especially DVD. So in conclusion I rate the Oppo very good with DVD. The Samsung I rate first with 4K Blu-ray. The Pioneer 91 I rate very high with Blu-ray and DVD. I got the 91 Pioneer for £200 from Frank Harvey the other day. And got the Samsung from John Lewis yesterday. Why I rate the Samsung the best is because I find it slightly brighter on images and on Passengers 4K Blu-ray I find the blacks better better on the Oppo they look grey. On the New Sony OLED they look black too in John Lewis. Whether the Oppo is showing the correct image it could well be though? I prefer the black though.

My Paasengers 4K Blu-ray looks messed up though now with it freezing in both the Oppo and the Samsung - not good! I have never had a Blu-Ray behave this way!

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
winner :) . How would you rate the audio out of the 3 players. They should all sound similar via HDMI. But if you have tried the line outs from the oppo there could be a discernable difference in my opinion.

The oppo also has the streaming smarts . So may be more functional in lots of setups. What do you think?

Samd

I no longer have the samsung but did keep it for a while to compare with Oppo. Oppo clear winner for me and no sign of any 'greys'. Got my Samsung as a freebie and sold it for £150 so in that respect (only) it's better than the Oppo!!

This difference in results may, of course, be TV rather than player related?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
What makes the Oppo worth the extra money over the other players like the Sony x800 - x1000 4K blue ray players

as I see Oppo do 2 players one around £600 and the other £1300 what makes this player stand out from the other 4K blue ray players on the market

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
What makes the Oppo worth the extra money over the other players like the Sony x800 - x1000 4K blue ray players

as I see Oppo do 2 players one around £600 and the other £1300 what makes this player stand out from the other 4K blue ray players on the market
anologue sound quality, DVD playback and fancy things like DV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts