Samsung Anynet+ works with Sony BDP-S760 plus handshake issues resolved.

TobesEtc

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I've just bought a Samsung UE40C8000 tv and already have a Sony BDP-S760 br player. Decided not to buy a new 3d player as there's little point (ie content) and the Sony is reasonably new. Initially I had awful issues with the TV losing the br signal (ie Handshake issues). Some discs seemed to work, some didn't. The menu would never hold a signal. Real pain. Changed the HDMI cable (had a cheap freebie in a drawer) and now everything works perfectly. Last night was playing with the TV's Anynet+ facility - just with the Samsung tv remote, going through the menu's as I'd not really had a look before. Under Available Devices it listed BR player..so I figured, select it, see what happens. The TV said Connecting To Anynet+ Device.... and the Sony br turned on, up popped the Sony Menu. Used the TV remote cursor control and it worked the Sony. Even went into the Update feature and ran an online update successfully (should note, the br was already connected to the same wifi as the tv). Have to say, I'm very pleased, not to mention surprised, that these two units work together so well.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
All these control systems, Bravia Sync, Anynet+ etc etc are just implementations of the HDMI CEC protocol, which is standardized, so they should all work together, up to a point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts