gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I am sorry if this seems like a stupid question but can I play SACD's on my Arcam CD93. If the answer is yes, will it sound better than normal cd's?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, provided they are dual-layer discs, or hybrids, as all but a few discs are.

But no, they won't sound any better - the Arcam will play the CD layer just like a standard CD.

A

Anonymous

I've toyed with the idea of SACD. Decided the difference and the price vs availability wasn't worth it. Happy to be put right though as I've never heard one!

Arcam CD37 plays both CD and SACD gbhsi1 by the way....... Some bargains to be had (£900 or less from £1000 + RRP).

I had the CD93 and liked it a lot.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the information guys. Graham_Thomas: Do you currently have the Arcam CD37? has any of you guys heard it before?

T

the record spot

SACD needn't break the bank - Pioneer and Marantz both have SACD players for under £500. My SA7001-KI was end of line and I picked it up for less than half-price (£300 from £650). Well worth seeking out.

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:Thanks for the information guys. Graham_Thomas: Do you currently have the Arcam CD37? has any of you guys heard it before?

Sorry for not responding sooner. No I haven't, but I would be intrigued to hear a full test between my Cyrus CD8SE and the 37.

There are some online forums discussing that very issue but biased towards the Arcam IMHO.

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

the record spot:SACD needn't break the bank - Pioneer and Marantz both have SACD players for under £500. My SA7001-KI was end of line and I picked it up for less than half-price (£300 from £650). Well worth seeking out.

Ah, but does it pull the detail out at that price?

T

the record spot

Can't speak for the Pioneer, but the Marantz certainly does; one of the main reasons why I went for it. Hi Fi World rates it as one of their rated models in their listings - good summary too, pretty much bang on. Fabulous midrange as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts