RXFX / RX1 or RX2 for RX6 surrounds?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got the MA RX6 for a few months and just got round to think about the surrounds to complete the 5.1 system. In the pic, the large red squares are RX6s and I'm planning to add surrounds at the blue or small red squares' position.

So out of the three choice ( RXFX / RX1/ RX2), which will suits/blend better with the RX6s and at which position?

My current system is Onkyo 807 pre-out to SimAudio i3.3 --> RX6, so the 807 will drive the center and surround only.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. [:D]

2011021201664444908929f.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Forget the RXFX as they're not going to work in your proposed positions. I'd recommend the RX1's in either of your intended positions.

One possibility for the RXFX's would be to place them where the small red squares are, and use them in bipole mode - but only if the left hand red square is at least a metre away from the side wall.

A

Anonymous

So what do you reccommend I get for rears for my setup as there is not 1 metre from the wall?

Will be using the LX83 receiver.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
OP
Also have a look at the R90HD by Monitor Audio.
Up until yesterday I was using a pair of BR1s as rears but the difference and increase in quality with the R90HDs was immediately obvious.
Really discrete and small, come with wall mountings or you can buy specific stands (which I have on order).

A

Anonymous

Hi Freank , Thanks for the advise. If dipoles should be kept at least a metre away from rear /side walls then I definately can not use it as there is not enough space between the wall and sofa. In your opinion, is the RX1 a better match to the RX6s?

btw, I dont mind discuss other questions in the thread. These are related and other people will find it useful as well when they face the same probs. :)

richardw42, thanks for the suggestion. I checked the R90HDs out and the drive unit is a lot smaller than rx1 and rx2, which mains did you paired it up with?

A

Anonymous

The RX2 would definetley be overkill. i have them in my stereo system and they are very good speakers, just too big for rear speakers though. RX1's would be better (and cheaper). im about to build my av system as well and the 3 choices i have for rears are RX1's, BX1's and r90HD's.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have RS6 as front l&r, RSLCR for centre and a RSW12 sub.
Re drive units, not sure this is a biggie for rears, yes they are dinky but they are much more involving than the larger & cheaper) BR1s.

Stuartc2uk

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi

So the RXFX has to be at least a metre from nearest corner to work correctly. My question is does this rule apply to both Dipole and Bipole modes.

Can I install the RXFX closer to side wall (back wall mounted) if using them in bipole mode?

Stuart

A

Anonymous

Going to butt in here as I have had lots of speakers for the rear in a short time, ask mr harvey

Anyway, I have had Mordaunt short alumni up high and found them they didnt bring too much to the rear.

I then bought some RX1 for the fronts, then brought them to the back, They were great, but way to big for surrounds, IMO.

I was considering some R90HD for the rear to match my RX6, but got a good deal on some RXFX. I have sort of the same set up as you.

And I love them, and here is my pics. of my room.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/finally-have-my-dream-system

My avatar changed, to tori amos ? Its ok, I think when she was young, she was fit.

A

Anonymous

Canada, I've got a similar shape room at the back, A big L shaped corner sofa and its hard to know what rears to put. I have RX2's at the front at the moment and will be buying the RX centre to match very soon. Just have to decide on the rears. Your thread was a great read though!

A

Anonymous

Cant see the pics in work so not sure if the RXFX are on there, but I have them about 3 foot above my head.

1 about 1 meter from the corner, and one right on the corner on the other side.

I think the sound it more fluid, and less directional, which I prefer, if that made sence

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts