RX-V463 / PS3 Sound Cutting Out Problems - Calling Professor Hat!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My friend has just bought the Yamaha RX-V463. When playing DivX or mp3 through HDMI from his PS3, the sound stutters occasionally and cuts out. It then reappears about half a second later.

He has brand new HDMI cables (1.3a) and Blurays and DVDs/CDs work absolutely fine without a hitch .

Has anyone got any clues what this could be? :)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry, just to clarify, the RX-V463 is a 350 quid 5.1 channel HDMI home cinema receiver.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like glitches in the rips when creating the DivX or MP3 files, which are sufficient to make the receiver unlock from the digital signal momentarily.

Could be there are a lot of errors on these recordings, which either the player or the receiver is struggling to correct, and occasionally failing to so so.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

The glitches are present in all copied media (ie. not physical media). There is no exception.

Also, the glitches are quite regular (every 10 seconds or so).

It really is frustrating me as I usually have answers for him and his system!

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Duly noted! Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but will have a snoop around. A few things though:

1. Can you hook up with digital optical connection to the receiver and see if you still get the issue?

2. Can you try plugging PS3 direct to the TV via HDMI and see if it stutters when playing through the TV speakers?

If still an issue with this, can you try:

3. Within System Settings > Video Settings > BD / DVD Audio Output Format (HDMI), is this set to Bitstream or Linear PCM? If Bitstream, try changing to Linear PCM and retrying (I'm not expecting anything from this one, but it's really just to rule it out).

4. Can you go into System Settings > Audio Output Settings, select HDMI and then uncheck everything except for Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kHz and Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48 kHz and see if that stops it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jonesm:The glitches are present in all copied media (ie. not physical media). There is no exception.
Also, the glitches are quite regular (every 10 seconds or so).

That makes me even more confident that my original diagnosis was on the right track. I'd suspect a hardware or software problem in whatever's being used to rip the original content.

A

Anonymous

But surely if the mp3 and DivX files are coming from all different sources and ripping origins it wouldn't do it all the time...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts