Russ Andrews Powermax mains cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening I am thinking of buying this cable & I have a Rotel amp & Rotel CD player, what are people's thoughts on whether I need 2 or 1 ... ie do I need it for just the CD player or amp to!! Any comments please?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="remixes"]

Evening I am thinking of buying this cable & I have a Rotel amp & Rotel CD player, what are people's thoughts on whether I need 2 or 1 ... ie do I need it for just the CD player or amp to!! Any comments please?

[/quote]

get one for the aquarium too. The bubbles will have a nice shimmer to it.

Are you for real. Have you followed any of the recent threads? (Incidently on the same page as this one, so really no excuse not to have read it). Just a bit odd you should mention that companies power cables. My apologies if I am wrong but I dont think I am. Buy one then you know. Simple

A

Anonymous

Ok I know this has loads of debate around it but some want to think its true & others dont! im a do rather than a dont & hey ho its not gonna break the bank at £30 is it!! Anymore comments please guys n gals

A

Anonymous

So why did it get 5 stars then Andrew?? I cant be bothered to read that other thread its to long!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="remixes"]So why did it get 5 stars then Andrew?? I cant be bothered to read that other thread its to long!![/quote]

Don't be ridiculous. If you doubt it's worth five stars, and you can't be bothered to read the thread that suggests it isn't, then either a) buy it, try it and send it back if you're not happy, or b) don't bother with it.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I know. Just sounds nicer coming from you.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I notice once again nobody has answered my actual question!!! in your opinions (whether it works or not) would you go for 2 or 1 .... ?? I dont care what people think about whether it makes the sound better or not! the kettle joke & others are soooo not funny.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you subscribe to the view that it will work, then only two will do, or you will be worrying the component with the standard cable is holding the other back.

If you subscribe to the the view that it won't work, then don't buy any.

But given that the manufacturer in question offers a money back if not satisfied guarantee, I relly don't see what the problem is. Buy them, try them, and if they do nothing for you send them back and get a refund.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
If you subscribe to the view that it will work, then only two will do, or you will be worrying the component with the standard cable is holding the other back.

But given that the manufacturer in question offers a money back if not satisfied guarantee, I relly don't see what the problem is. Buy them, try them, and if they do nothing for you send them back and get a refund.
[/quote]

Quite right. If you buy them they will outlast your current hifi

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]

[/quote]

Quite right. If you buy them they will outlast your current hifi[/quote]

As would the ones already fitted.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Is it RA who invented 'directionality' in cables?
Or was he only promoting it ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="BlueMax"]Is it RA who invented 'directionality' in cables?
Or was he only promoting it ?[/quote]

Does that have anything to do with the OP's question, or are you just blowing smoke signals again?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Sprockens"]As would the ones already fitted.
emotion-5.gif
[/quote]

Indisputably so. Not sure why the wink, though...

[/quote]

It works for Anne Robinson. Or does it?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ironically, It wouldn't, of course, have been £30 wasted if you'd bought it from Russ Andrews, Clearer Audio or the other cable companies that offer a money-back guarantee.

It's such a contentious area - and people's experiences seem to vary so much - that a try-before-you-buy should be an essential (as, of course, we stress it should be for any hi-fi purchase!)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
It wouldn't, of course, have been £30 wasted if you'd bought it from Russ Andrews, Clearer Audio or the other cable companies that offer a money-back guarantee.

It's such a contentious area - and people's experiences seem to vary so much - that a try-before-you-buy should be an essential (as, of course, we stress it should be for any hi-fi purchase!)
[/quote]

by the by, would you happen to know how long the trial period(s) is? Or, indeed, "are"?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Squawker"]It works for Anne Robinson. Or does it?[/quote]

And another first-time poster joins the fray.

[/quote]

......do i count as a first time poster too? lol ;)........thank you andrew for helping me discover the new me......i owe you one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts