russ andrews classic power cord with music works reflex lite for Naim Hi-Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System:

Naim CD5XS, Flatcap XS, NAC 122X, NAP 150X, PMC GB1i, 1x Powerline, Music works reflex lite mains block.

Anyone any experience of using Russ Andrews with Naim?

Currently I have the powerline connected to the Musuc works block and all standard Naim power leads to cd,pre and flatcap.

The Music works is my most recent addition and not having a captive mains lead I have connected my powerline to this first in the belief that all the Naim boxes would benefit.

Prior to this, I was using a cheaper russ andrews 4way powerlink, as this had captive mains lead, I had the powerline straight to the Flatcap, which brpought a nice upgrade.

I ditched the powerline as I aquired the Music works at a good price. However, I think that overall this hasn't been much of an upgrade and the system was better with the powerline fed straight to the flatcap. It was deeper and less bright as it was before.

The obvious answer is to buy another powerline and with not many of these going second hand, I haven't got £400 to splash out on just yet and a much cheaper classic powercord might just bridge the gap for now(obviously to connect the Music works to the wall and put the powerline back on the flatcap.

Anyone had a similar dilema?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
In case you don't get anyones' direct experience, I will pass on what I've read.....which is that power cables don't make a positive difference where Naim is concerned - with the exception of their own, which (as you say) gives a good improvement.

Cno

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Just plug the powerline into the IEC in on the music works block and then use standard naim power leads.

EDIT- Sorry re-read your post and powerline has gone sorry. The above would be how I would have connected.

TBH would try a Chord Powerchord (loads come up 2nd hand) into the Music works block or have a look at some Belden Cable from here add a decent plug and IEC connector should be relatively cheap.

Have good experience with both of these cables in the past.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I have tried many mains cable but like mentioned i found the cord mains 2 really do the sound justice. Even better are the wireworld mains. The wireworld mains cables was night & day in my system as regards the change of sound..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts