Running in speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a pair of Mordaunt Short Avant 902i. I understand they are to be run in for 36 hours. I wondered if you can do this by turning the amp on and feeding a signal to the speakers with the volume turned down. Or must the speakers be at a reasonable volume consistently to be run in?

Thanks

Peter

A

Anonymous

No - it's the physical, mechanical aspect of it that runs them in, so they'll need to be doing some work.

If you wire them out of phase (plus to minus on just speaker) and face them close to each other they'll be a bit quiter. And throw a blanket over them too.

A

Anonymous

u could just use them and run them in that way! there no reason why you cant use them out the box1 they will just sound a bit better after a bit of use.

A

Anonymous

Yes, indeed - the out of phase and blanket malarky might just be useful for leaving them running quietly while doing other stuff. Unless one is very displeased with ones new speakers in which case one might wish to leave said blanket in place after the running in process.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again for the replies

I have been running the speakers out of phase, but at a low volume. Not sure if this will make much difference, but it is the best i can do at the moment, because the speakers are right on my neighbours wall at the moment.

I hopefully will get a new Onkyo receiver next week. Then I will buy some cheap stands, and rearrange the layout of my room so that I can give the speakers a good 'airing'.

Pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts