running in headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI,

I have just got my Alessandro MS1 headphones from America, and wondered if it was best to run them in for a period first, to get the best out of them?

Should I leave them plugged into my amp and just play normal music through them for a day or so?

Any comments would be welcome......

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Andrew.

Well I'm off to listen to some good music now then........

A

Anonymous

Great choice in headphones. I found that with constant listening, the overall sound from the MS1's improved over a two week period and by that time, I could then hear why they are a better headphone that my Grado 60's. I have mentioned on this forum before about the MS1's and how good they are. So glad to see that you taken the plunge and bought them, your listening pleasure has been increased greatly, enjoy

A

Anonymous

I agree about running in (or burning in) headphones. My Sennheiser HD650's got progressively better over time, until about the 100 hour mark. It's just like running in a car!
emotion-11.gif

matts

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="matts"]because i was told by a sales person[/quote]

I think the word 'sales' in their job title might have given you a clue...

[/quote]

I'm just assuming the person on the end of the phone had something to do with sales. However one clue is the ear pads, which are different to the SR60's and 80's

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I was gutted to listen to my new Alessandro MS-1 straight out of the box last week and my 10 year old SR80s seemed infinitely better sounding in A/B test (even with a loose connection in jack plug damaged on a recent flight).

72 hours of running in seems to have made a huge difference and the MS-1s are improving.

I also assume my relatively new Creek headphone amp is also improving during running in!?

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Running in makes a big difference. Google tek fusion burn in and play their test tones for 4 hours a day. You will get the best from your headphone in no time (100 hours)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts