RSD2017 Vangelis Blade Runner OST

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone else pick this up ?

I know picture discs are normally noiser than normal vinyl, which this is, very noticeable between tracks and in the lead in / run out.

But the B-Side appears to be pressed so off center you can actually hear distinctive speed W&F all the way through th whole side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbwx9nwa1sce7fr/MOV_0752.mp4?dl=0

Anyone else seen this ?

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Ho Hum, Oh well - at least Warner Music Group admit that Picture Discs aren't actually meant to be listened to.

"We can confirm that we have had further updates from our managers regarding this item.

We can confirm that the picture discs are not designed for optimum quality and the way they are designed should have made it impossible for it to be warped in one direction.

However, we will be receiving some new pressings of the black vinyl which will deliver superior quality at the end of November."

brownz said:
Ho Hum, Oh well - at least Warner Music Group admit that Picture Discs aren't actually meant to be listened to.

"We can confirm that we have had further updates from our managers regarding this item.

We can confirm that the picture discs are not designed for optimum quality and the way they are designed should have made it impossible for it to be warped in one direction.

However, we will be receiving some new pressings of the black vinyl which will deliver superior quality at the end of November."

Interesting. This is perhaps why I avoid picture discs at all costs.

davidf said:
Picture discs are generally purchased for show rather than be played, although sometimes there's no alternative option. In this case though, this soundtrack was released on normal black vinyl, as well as red vinyl too (non RSD).

Anyone who pays money for vinyl to be stuck on a wall needs to be sectioned.....

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
davidf said:
Picture discs are generally purchased for show rather than be played, although sometimes there's no alternative option. In this case though, this soundtrack was released on normal black vinyl, as well as red vinyl too (non RSD).

Anyone who pays money for vinyl to be stuck on a wall needs to be sectioned.....

It seems quite popular with the young hipster types who buy vinyl never play it but just hang it on the wall. Kids aye?

Al ears said:
davidf said:

When I say “show”, I suppose I’m really referring to collectors, not necessarily those who stick them on a wall. Some can look really cool if it’s a logo or something that is circular in nature (like the Tron Disc), but just sticking a picture/photo on it is just ugly, in my opinion.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
brownz said:
...the way they are designed should have made it impossible for it to be warped in one direction.

Yet another instance (seem to be many these days) where someone in officialdom has answered a question they found easier to answer rather than the one the customer asked. You reported it as pressed off centre on one side, not warped.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
... well yes.

I expect a well meaning minion has been told something by someone who may have an inkling of what an LP is, and then translated it as they see fit.....

I did another recording last night. What is more pronounceable on my 2M Black at home is the jet engine noise that starts a second or so before the music, and which is present in all the quiet sections all the way through.

A real shocker of a record.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0entl457q55nn8/VG_BR_OST_RSD17.mp4?dl=0

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Heh,

And the TT lives with it's dust cover in place with another vinyl cover over the top with an extra towel on top of that !

The flash on a phone always makes it look a whole lot worse than it is......

I can't comment of the rest of the kit.... that really does need dusting ;-)

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Watched your video clip, that's a pretty poor pressing! I started a thread a while ago abou similar issues with the Placebo Unplugged 2xpicture vinyl. Such an awesome album, but almost ruined by surface noise, and a strange distortion to the piano....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts