Rothwell audio in-line attenuator, same price not matter where i look

gasolin

It seems to me that a pair of Rothwell audio in-line attenuator costs the same no matter where i look, 39£

Isn't there anywhere i can get a pair - 10db rca for less?

I have looked for a used pair

gasolin said:
It seems to me that a pair of Rothwell audio in-line attenuator costs the same no matter where i look, 39£

Isn't there anywhere i can get a pair - 10db rca for less?

I have looked for a used pair

Like most kit the prices are controlled. The only way to find them cheaper is, of course, second-hand. Keep your eyes on eBay.

Otherwise you are going to have to pay the going rate.

gasolin

muljao said:
Cheaper here £38.99 :)

Supra EFF-ISL Interconnect Cable it's another 100£ since it's only for my cdplayer it's a bit expensive(skipping my dac,the psu is on 24/7 unless i take it out of the socket) and i need some attenuators.

I do use one for my pc, the - 10 db is more or less equal to my turntable (rega p1) so the gain,level is the same from my pc,cdplayer and turntable, no excessive loud gain that would overload the input and as a side effect give some harsness and distortion to the sound

From Rothwell audios's webpage

Here's the solution to a problem from which far too many audiophiles suffer - too much gain in the system. The symptoms are easy enough to spot - the volume is plenty loud enough with the volume control set to the 9 o'clock position, too loud with the volume control at 10 o'clock, and fine control at low levels is impossible. This may seem like nothing more than a minor irritation, but in truth the performance of the system is being compromised. Although potentiometers work reasonably well over most of their operating range, they are notoriously problematic at extreme settings. The most obvious problem is channel imbalance - one channel will fade out (or fade in) quicker than the other, causing the stereo image to shift to one side - but on a more subtle level, the music may sound veiled and indistinct with the volume control turned down to the point where it is nearly off. Some people have tried to cure the problem by fitting a more expensive volume control only to find that it doesn't do much good. That's because the volume control isn't really the problem.

It’s the excess gain in the system which is the real problem. That in turn forces you always to use the volume control over a very limited portion of its travel. What's needed is a way to reduce overall system gain without compromising sound quality and without major modifications to the equipment itself.

TRENDING THREADS