Roth VA4 Left Channel Input

Nxs725

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I have not been able to find any solutions searching. I have a set of Roth VA4 active speakers. Both speakers work perfectly through bluetooth. I have narrowed my issue down to the left input port channel not working. Both my turntable outputs work in the right hand port channel.

Is there any solution to fixing this please?

Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to the forum.
Surely only one speaker has inputs.
Are you saying when you run the cable to connect two speakers the left hand one doesn't work?
Your turntable, whatever it is, can only connect to the right hand speaker.....

Nxs725

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
Surely only one speaker has inputs.
Are you saying when you run the cable to connect two speakers the left hand one doesn't work?
Your turntable, whatever it is, can only connect to the right hand speaker.....
Apologies. What i meant is the left channel input port isnt working. As seen in the image...

Attachments

• sketch-1601736945437.png
    sketch-1601736945437.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 5
Apologies. What i meant is the left channel input port isnt working. As seen in the image...
I see,I think. When you say both turntable outputs work in the right channel I was a tad confused.
If the left input isn't working are you sure it's not an issue with the turntable rather than the speaker?
Are the speakers still under guarantee?
Do you have a CD player or anything else available to check out that left analogue input?

Reactions: Gray

shadders

Hi,
Since it works with bluetooth, then if you swap the left and right cables on the inputs - does that allow the left channel to work ?

Does the 3.5mm input work ?

Does jiggling the left input cause any crackling ?

Is there a remote where you have moved the balance from the middle to the right channel only ?

Regards,
Shadders.

Nxs725

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Yea the output from the turn table is ok, have plugged that in elsewhere.

Whatever auxiliary is plugged into that left analogue port, the speakers just remain unresponsive (not just from my turntable).

Out of guarantee unfortunately, so thought i would try my hand at sourcing and fixing the problem myself before either finding a repair service or shopping around. Just doesnt help that i am very much clueless (so apologies if i seem stupid and slow on the uptake). Although is something i do want to start learning about.

Appreciate the help.

Nxs725

Oct 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
Since it works with bluetooth, then if you swap the left and right cables on the inputs - does that allow the left channel to work ?

Does the 3.5mm input work ?

Does jiggling the left input cause any crackling ?

Is there a remote where you have moved the balance from the middle to the right channel only ?

Regards,
Shadders.
Can achieve a very very slight crackling if you listen hard , but not the same level of feedback you get from the right channel. 3.5 works perfectly.

shadders

Can achieve a very very slight crackling if you listen hard , but not the same level of feedback you get from the right channel. 3.5 works perfectly.
Hi,
Sounds like a disconnected wire. You can take the back off and resolder.

Since it is out of warranty, then you have nothing to lose. Unless you are really unlucky.

Regards,
Shadders.

Gray

As Shadders says, you've got nothing (much) to lose by having a look inside.
The back plate should come off just by removing those 8 (outer)screws.
Maybe show us a picture (clearly showing the back of the RCA socket).
REMOVE MAINS POWER FIRST

Reactions: shadders

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts