Rotel RA-1062 for MA RS1?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I saw a good price for used Rotel RA-1062, is this a good match for my MA RS1 speaker? I am planning to put NAD 542 CDP (brand new) in this setup up as well. What i need is something that would improve musicality and not overemphasis the treble of my RS1. I like the clarity, speed, details and openness of my speaker. It's just I dont want to make mistakes on matching incorrect equipment like having over bright sounding setup, or dull and boring.

Anybody heard RA-1062 with Monitor Audio?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

The Rotel RA03 was fine with RS1s and a Roksan Kandy CDP (a little bright) in a well damped room, i.e. no wooden floors, etc. I found this combo was still 'officially' bright but was enjoyable. All very room dependent. When I put in a wooden floor it all became just a little too bright.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Rotel deserve better imo, think of £500 + range of speakers! Rega should be good, PMC DB series would be a great match too.

Nad 542 should gel well if you buy new although I heard Rotel with Nad S500i from silver line series and thought they made a fantastic combo (the S500i is only on 2nd hand market only though)

A

Anonymous

thanks igglebert and thaiman. how about matching the RA 1062 with neutral speakers? anybody would recommend a good match preferrably a mid level budget bookshelf speaker. i've been eyeing for dynaudio 42 not sure if it matches well for rotel..my type of music: anything from classical, pop, rock, vocals, acoustics except rap.

A

Anonymous

my budget is max $1K SGD. any other suggestions?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Not sure what that budget is quite but I'd consider the new Dynaudio Excite range, or in light of this Audience replacement, find a cheap Dynaudio Audience 52! The Dynaudio Focus 110s are excellent too. Then there's PMC DB1i, worth a look, Proac's offerings. Just need to see what you can audition really.

A

Anonymous

Sorry the currency is Singapore dollar
emotion-1.gif
.. Thanks igglebert for the suggestion. I will include them on my list for audition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts