Rotel RA-05

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I bought speakers Jamo studio 170 (100W) and now i want to buy amplifier Rotel RA-05 (40W per chanel), I dont know is it power full enough. Could you please help me.

thanx

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Why not go for the RA-04? Judging from the review the RA-04 is better. I guess it depends if you want a remote.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/rotel-ra-05

The Jamo's are 100w long term. I would think the Rotel would be fine. If you would prefer more power go for something like the NAD 326BEE or Yamaha AS-500. Rotel have a new range coming out. You could go for a Rotel with more power if you are worried.

There are plenty of second hand amps which you could get for less money but which have higher power outputs.

A

Anonymous

thanx.

Yes, i would like find some amp with remote control. I had Nad C340 but Bass sound was very poor, some body told me that Rotel will be better.

A

Anonymous

Hi

If you don't mind going second hand have a look at a rotel pre and power combo

A

Anonymous

The Rotel will do the job. Your Jamo's can handle a short amount of 100 Watt power. You will never come that far. Rotel has a good reputation, but it has to match your system and more important; your ears.

blackmak said:
Hi

I bought speakers Jamo studio 170 (100W) and now i want to buy amplifier Rotel RA-05 (40W per chanel), I dont know is it power full enough. Could you please help me.

thanx

Hi blackmak

I'll recommend that you should also consider Rotel's superb RA-1062 amplifier as the RA-1062 has greater quantity/quality of power and performs to even higher level then the RA-05 :)

Fwiw, i feel the RA-1062 is the the finest overall amplifier amplifier which Rotel have produced in the last ten years.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The new Rotel stuff seems interesting. Hope the new streamers get a proper review with WHFI. I know Andrew did a review on Gramophone...

@ OP. Going on Andrew's recommendation I'd also look at the RA-06SE. There are bargains to be had at the moment, mainly due, as far as I can deduce, to the RA1520.

A

Anonymous

thanx, so if 40W for my jamo will be enough i'm going to buy some rotel for try first. Nad was not very good.

Thompsonuxb said:
Plastic Penguin pls expand on that ref the 1520. are you saying the RA-1520 is rubbish so the older amps are being sort after .......?

No I'm not saying the 1520 is rubbish. Rotel brought the RA-06 SE version out around the same time, give or take a few months, and there is only about £100 difference between the two. When WHFI reviewed the 06SE they said something along the lines of "The RA-06SE is scarcely a disappointment, but we can't help thinking another £100 buys an even more convincing Rotel."

With that in mind - I'm just guessing - that people are plumping for the 1520, therefore to increase the turnover of the 06SE, the price has dropped.

Arcam had the same problem with their DIVA range: Too many amps around a similar price bracket.

A

Anonymous

blackmak said:
thanx, so if 40W for my jamo will be enough i'm going to buy some rotel for try first. Nad was not very good.

40W is more than enough. Unless you need to fill up a concert hall. Probably the NAD is just not your cup of tea.

matthewpiano

I'm not familiar with the C340 but bass isn't usually a NAD weakness. NAD amps do need careful matching though and it isn't a universally liked sound. Personally I love them - warm, atmospheric and involving sounding - but perhaps the brand is not for you.

Rotel amps are generally excellent. I've had an RA-04SE and liked it very much although, like the NADs, it is quite warm in the lower frequencies and may not suit you.

I'd suggest giving the Yamaha A-S500 a go. It is quite well balanced with lots of detail and it is very clean sounding. Gret value too as often available for around £239.

A

Anonymous

I own Rotel RA 06 since 3 months ago and hugely impressed by it.

The Rotel is a major improvement compared to NAD C320BEE, in my view. It drives my speaker (Monitor Audio Bronze B2) with stronger grip, more authorithy, deeper bass. The bass is something that I dont understand actually, coz what I heard NAD is not bass shy. But the bass of Rotel is way better, tauter and deeper than the NAD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts