Rotel RA 04 with Monitor Audio B2

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought Monitor Audio B2 (not BR2) along with Marantz PM 4001. As per my layman's knowledge, I find Marantz is not having enough power to handle the B2's. I normally listen at 9 or 10'o clock position. The maximum I push it, is to 11'o clock. I feel at 8'o clock the amp is fine, thought the volume is low to listen. So, with some research including reading What Hi-fi I am keen on pairing my B2's with Rotel 04. But I am worried will the power (40 watts at 8 ohms) will be enough to dirve the B2's, given the max I will push is to 11'o clock. The kind of music I listen to involves Hindi filmi music and Rock. Unfortunately, I have to select without listening.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Gopi.

A

Anonymous

how much are you spending?

I can vouch for audiolab kit working well with monitor audio kit... but you may want to just consider adding a power amplifier if your marantz has pre-outs.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I have the Rotel RA-04, I also use it with BR2 speakers and IMO the Rotel has more than enough power to handle the BR2's. I also know the Marantz PM4001 and IMO the Rotel RA-04 is much better. Better timing, more dynamic and a 'cleaner' sound.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Mr_Poletski. I am based in India and after quite some extensive research these are the only choices I have. NAD C320bee, Cambridge 640A v2, Rotel RA 04, Nad C352 and demo piece of Audio Analogue Puccini (not the remote version). Also, Marantz PM 4001, doesn't have pre-outs.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Cypher, Thats definetly good to hear. Any reason why Marantz couldn't cope up. But, do you think that this would be a good combo for Rock. I have only listened to NAD C352 and I found it pretty good, particularly in bass department when paired with B2 especially. However, I somehow thought it was a bit laidback and also, there was some details. I was listening this with the Cambridge 640C V2 player. So, player is not to be blamed. I thought probably for my taste i need a more Rotel type of sound. So, would you recommend Rotel or something else.

A

Anonymous

Rotel RA-04 would do. Be warned that 04 has no remote. I would whole heartedly recommend RA-06.

A

Anonymous

If its about the sheer power, you could also ask your dealer to upgrade your amp with 6001.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Ranjeen, Its not just power.. I think I would like Rotel better. I would also, love RA-06, but money, money, money :) Thanks for the help though.

DNICE1

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I have got RA-04 hooked up to the B&W 685s and it sounds sweet. I have also listened to RA-04 hooked up to the BR2s and to my ears it also sounded great. In my opinion RA-04 has more than enough power to drive the BR2s as its a 6 ohm load.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Nice. Can you tell me wether RA-04 will be good enough
for Rock music. Infact, let me ask the question that I shouldn't :) Can
I connect a subwoofer to get better the lower end oomph.Or am I better
off getting a NAD C352 or CA 640A v2 for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts