Rotel RA-04 sound stronger out of one channel than the other at really low volume.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was just wondering if this was a normal trait of the RA-04 or not. It seems that when I have the volume very low the sound is much stronger out of the right channel than the left. It is only when I start to increase the volume that the right channel's volume rises to catch up with the left.

Anyone know about this?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello bennyboy,some recordings are stronger on 1 channel than the other,have you tried some other discs to see if it's apparent at all times.i have the same problem on my trio amp but as i said sometimes it's stronger on the left and sometimes stronger on the right.why not try out the balance control and see if it's down at the level you would listen to at normal levels.hope this help's.good luck,gregory.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I just tried running my DVD player with a CD through it and the problem was still there, but at a lower volume where I would never listen to music at anyway (thought the CD was the loudest of all the sources... go figure!). The problem was more noticeable when I route the sound of my PC through the amp, so I dropped the volume of the PC sound a bit, so the portion of volume which presents a problem doesn't deal with volume at a loudness I would be happy listening at anymore.

A

Anonymous

Hi there.

I had the same problem with a Rotel RA02 amp.

Last week I phoned Rotel and straight away they told me the problem was with the fuses located in the amp.

They posted 2 fuses to me and told me what to do. Honestly the job took a couple of minutes and the sound is now excellent and equal from both channels !!

Here's the number you need to call:

Rotel tech support : 01903 221 700

Cheers

Martin
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

My old Arcam Alpha 2 amp used to do this many many years ago. It was due to the fact that the volume was analogue and at the very very beginning of it's dial had a teeny bit of variation between channels, I don't think it's surprising or a bit deal, just a quirk and more than likely they all vary a little bit.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Will Harris"]My old Arcam Alpha 2 amp used to do this many many years ago. It was due to the fact that the volume was analogue and at the very very beginning of it's dial had a teeny bit of variation between channels, I don't think it's surprising or a bit deal, just a quirk and more than likely they all vary a little bit.[/quote]

Spot on. Cheap volume control, wide tolerances.

What on earth is all that fuse nonsense about in the one above???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts