Rotel RA-01 Turntable and Cartridge pairing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Rotel RA-01 and am considering getting a Planar 3 (potentially for cheap) and was wondering will this be ok with the built in phono stage on my amp. Sadly due to money there is no chance of changing the amp. I was also wondering if I had this combo which would be the best (or best cheapest rather) cartridge that I could use.

Thanks for any help which can be offered.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello, Rotel dont skimp on the phono stage section of their amps so it will be more than adequate, an AT 95E will be a nice cartridge for not much money, about 40 quid or maybe the p3 will come with a cartridge and just the stylus will need replacing, all in all i think you will be happy with the pairing, good luck.

A

Anonymous

gregory:Hello, Rotel dont skimp on the phono stage section of their amps so it will be more than adequate, an AT 95E will be a nice cartridge for not much money, about 40 quid or maybe the p3 will come with a cartridge and just the stylus will need replacing, all in all i think you will be happy with the pairing, good luck.Yup. You can find the AT95E at 20? on the williamthakker.eu website.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I run a P3-24/TTPSU with Dynavector 10x5 (high output MC) into the RA02 (same as the RA01 plus remote) and it's superb. The phono stage is one of the best parts of the amp - if I needed a better amp in this system I would keep the RA02 for the phono stage and headphone socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts