rotel amp to drive dynaudio?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I have the dynaudio audience 70, which is driven by densen beat 100 and that is linked to my audiolab 8200cd via MF X10D tube buffer. I like the sound, but am looking at an upgrade. I am interested in the rotel 1580/1582 pre-power, because living in Singapore, it cost in local currency the same as naim nait xs (an amp that i am also interested in). In terms of pounds, the 1580/1582 is around 2,000 pounds while the XS is 1,500 pounds, so would I get more bang for buck with the rotel pair, which is also more powerful? How is the rotel-dynaudio pairing? Would I be foolish to deviate from the synergy of densen & dynaudio? Otherwise, should i consider the densen beat 130? The beat 130 costs the same in local currency as the rotel and naim but I cant seem to find reviews or user experiences. I listen to mostly rock.... Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

The thing is, i sometimes derive more enjoy listening to music in my car stereo, which has more impact and is more in my face, but never harsh or sibilant. In contrast, my home hifi's presentation is warmer, more organic, but a touch lacking in excitement. I had earlier replaced my rega apollo with the audiolab 8200cd, which made me happier with more detail and more slam. I also suspect the densen is lacking in detail. Essentially i wanna rock out more but want to avoid an overly sharp/harsh top end...

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
pathetichindsight said:
I listen to mostly rock.... Thanks in advance!

you want rock so get as many WATTS as you possibly can. you don't need refinement and transparency because rock music is usually very compressed and loud but you should know that. so get some muscle amp to have your pants flopping in the beat of the kick drum ;)

TRENDING THREADS