Room size vs Equipement power

PREthe2nd

Oct 1, 2023
Visit site
Whilst searching for a review of some speakers i found the potentially usfull 'speakerdecison' website that gives an indiaction of a speakers suitablitly for relative to some room sizes. (I think this is based on specs rather than testing). It also covers some other specs.

It also does something similar for amplifiers. The website seem to imply that a powerfll amp in small room negativley affects the sound performance - is this correct? It makes sensse that a powerfull amp would not be required however i was kind of surprised to see that it might negativley affect the performance

Fandango Andy

Not seen that before. To pull all that information instantly it must be AI and as you say just based on specifications.

Yes it is true some speakers will fill a room more than others. But also some are monitors intended for more up close listening.

As far as the amp goes, no that doesn't really make mutch sense. You pick an amp that matches the requirement of the speakers. I once heard a mighty Krell class A amp powering some little Harbeth momitors in a little dedicated listening room that was only about 7' by 10'. It sounded fantastic.

Reactions: PREthe2nd

landco

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
Whilst searching for a review of some speakers i found the potentially usfull 'speakerdecison' website
There's nothing useful there. The choice of acoustics is offered according to marketing parameters such as frequency and impedance, which are manipulative concepts. You need to focus on the volume of the case, speaker size and sensitivity

I was curious, and it looks quite impressive at first glance, despite the commission earning links and adverts.

I picked at random a speaker that interests me. It quite incorrectly states that the KEF LS60 is rear ported. They might look like that, but the plate on the rear cools the amplifier, whereas the four bass drivers are sealed. FAIL!

As for the room size info, the idea is sound but it’s a bit silly imo.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts