Room 101

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Saw a documentary on crisps, which followed the manufacture of Walker’s crisps. Very interesting, and they stated a technical reason for a certain amount of air in the bag. Something to do with keeping them fresh - too much or too little and they don’t last as long or something.
That sounds iffy to me. This has only happened over the last 18 months or so. Half the claimed weight but increase in price.

Gray

Websites asking if you accept their cookies or not. 99 percent of the time everyone says yes so why bother asking.
...and it's laughable how big, clear and easy they make it to 'accept all'.
Given the choice (and we usually are now) I always 'reject all' - I don't care what I'm missing by doing that - it leaves 'essential functions' on anyway.

When you take the time to read the alphabetical list of 'partners' that are keen to track your moves when you do 'accept all'.....no exaggeration, on one site I scrolled down about 200 agency names and I was still on the letter 'A'. The complete list is just unbelievable.

Friesiansam

...and it's laughable how big, clear and easy they make it to 'accept all'.
Given the choice (and we usually are now) I always 'reject all' - I don't care what I'm missing by doing that - it leaves 'essential functions' on anyway.

When you take the time to read the alphabetical list of 'partners' that are keen to track your moves when you do 'accept all'.....no exaggeration, on one site I scrolled down about 200 agency names and I was still on the letter 'A'. The complete list is just unbelievable.
I use the DuckDuckGo browser on phone and tablet, it has tracker blocking active by default. On the pc I use Vivaldi as my main browser, with tracker blocking enabled. I also reject cookies where possible.

Reactions: Gray
People who park on the pavement, leaving no room for pedestrians. My late mum was a wheelchair user, and I always feel that she'd have had to use the road under those circumstances. Not safe, and not indicative of a decent person.

Years ago and on an icy day, we had to use a busy dual carriageway in this manner as someone had chosen to block the path completely. My dog decided she needed to park her breakfast just before, so I bagged it up and left it on the car's bonnet. Not noble, I know...

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Vegetarian or vegan meals that are made to look like meat. Surely if you're a veggie why buy something that looks like a chunk of beef?
Because you meat eaters (I've been vegetarian for 22 years) don't get to decide what food looks like. I like eating stuff like vegetarian sausages as they are easy to cook and put in a sandwich for lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I use the DuckDuckGo browser on phone and tablet, it has tracker blocking active by default. On the pc I use Vivaldi as my main browser, with tracker blocking enabled. I also reject cookies where possible.
I've used many different browsers like DuckDuckGo and all suck for searching for anything on. Mind you searching on Google sucks big time these days. The World Wide Web is going down hill big time (been using the World Wide Web since 1996) in my view. Corporations have learned to mold the World Wide Web to what they want it to be these days and I really dislike that.

Friesiansam

I get sick of some meat eaters telling vegetarians and vegans they can not eat food that looks like meat like PP as done. Meat eaters don't get to tell vegetarians and vegans what the food they eat should like like.
Similarly, vegetarians and vegans have no right to tell meat eaters what they should and shouldn't eat, in their holier than thou way.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Because you meat eaters (I've been vegetarian for 22 years) don't get to decide what food looks like. I like eating stuff like vegetarian sausages as they are easy to cook and put in a sandwich for lunch.
I cook probably 2-3 veggie/vegan main meals a week. We love our veggies. I want a vegetable to look like a vegetable.

Meatless sausages look like something I've trodden in and taste awful. It's made from a mixture of gawd knows what to taste and have the texture of meat.

The other week I tried a vegan pastie - dreadful thing. Much prefer a vegetable pastie from our bakers.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Friesiansam

Adding to my previous post above. I have no problem with vegans and vegetarians not eating meat, it's their choice but, I do have a problem with the vegans who keep trying to pressure people into eating their way, because they think they are superior. I don't tell them what to eat, I don't think it is too much to expect, that they don't try and tell me what to eat.

Adding to my previous post above. I have no problem with vegans and vegetarians not eating meat, it's their choice but, I do have a problem with the vegans who keep trying to pressure people into eating their way, because they think they are superior. I don't tell them what to eat, I don't think it is too much to expect, that they don't try and tell me what to eat.
I don't have an issue with vegans either. The problem I do have is a few years ago a few numpties smashed windows in butcher shops in parts of the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts