Roksan vinyl vs cd

They are both Roksans. :)

I had the original Radius and it was a good turntable, however, as with all, the sound is ultimately going to depend on which cartridge you decide to fit to it.

There is, I agree, little point in trying to compare the sound between the two as you and I are unlikely to hear the same nuances.

You either want to invest in vinyl or CDs so best bet is to buy both. :grin:

eclecticmonkey

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the fact that people tend to fall into one camp or the other, but I was just kinda interested to know if anyone owned both bits of roksan kit if they had done such a comparison. It would be a shame if, say, you had a really good cd player but your tt was lacking and vice versa. From my point of view I love (for which read eat, sleep and breathe) music, I want to hear it in the best possible me way I can. All the recent hooha about loudness wars has made me seriously consider this, I find some modern CDs incredibly fatiguing to listen to, it's like being shouted at for an hour. So if I have to go back to vinyl to get decent reproduction then I will!

eclecticmonkey said:
I appreciate the fact that people tend to fall into one camp or the other, but I was just kinda interested to know if anyone owned both bits of roksan kit if they had done such a comparison. It would be a shame if, say, you had a really good cd player but your tt was lacking and vice versa. From my point of view I love (for which read eat, sleep and breathe) music, I want to hear it in the best possible me way I can. All the recent hooha about loudness wars has made me seriously consider this, I find some modern CDs incredibly fatiguing to listen to, it's like being shouted at for an hour. So if I have to go back to vinyl to get decent reproduction then I will!

Quite a few recent CD's I have purchased have been notably lacking on the mastering front. Yes they sound overly compressed and long term listening would prove stressful. Like all media you can get good and bad. Not belittling CD in any way as I've had some pretty cr*p LP's as well. The same applies to some SACD's I own (soon to be boosted on eBay). :)

Reviews, and doing your homework, can help here. Don't waste your 'hard-earned' on anything that takes your fancy/

TRENDING THREADS