Roksan Rocks!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After several years of "making do" with a my dvd covering dvd and cd playing duties i decided to make the most of the january sales. As of yesterday i am the VERY proud new owner of a Roksan Kandy Mk 3 CD player. The difference is amazing and have spent since yesterday afternoon digging out lost and forgotton cd's. The Roksan is paired up with KEF iQ7's and a Yamaha RXV2600 amp. The scale is incredible and detail compared to the dvd player is like listening to a completely different recording. I tested out the Cyrus 8 and Arcam 73 aswell. The arcam was really smooth but wasnt as exciting as the roksan and the although the Cyrus was fantastic I couldn't appreciate the extra detail for the extra cost.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Nice one mate, I never get on with Kandy myself but I also acknowledge that thounsands of people love them. and if you ever have a chance, try Roksan FR-5 speakers....they are magical.

A

Anonymous

You are certainly correct by saying the Arcam isn't as exciting. I have one, and it's a much more relaxed sound than the Roskan, which I prefer but that's not to say the Roskan isn't absolutly fantastic - which it is!

A

Anonymous

Yeah its all a bit horses for courses i suppose. I tested the Roksan out with The Jam, Chilli's etc so prefer the full on sound from the roksan. The dealer did add their CD of Norah Jones to get a good variation and it sounded fantastic, especially on the cyrus but the roksan still managed it beautifully.

How does the Roksan amp pair up with it, anyone tried the two together? I think the weaker link in my system later on will be the kef's but in the grand scheme these will be one of the last modifications.

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear you're having a good time with your new CDP. I love mine!

I tried the Kandy CDP and int amp together with both the MA RS1s and RS6s. I found the combo to be too bright in the extreme and went for the Rotel amp instead. The Kandy is a very good amp and might well suit your KEFs very well. The least you can do is give it a try ;-)

Happy New Year

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts