Roksan M2 prices

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
A couple of months back the Roksan M2 integrated amp and cd player were selling at £1650 but seem to be £1800 wherever i look lately. Is this price rise just a cost increase imposed by Roksan or are these amps new with upgraded components ?

£150 seems to be quite a big hike in price for what might be an identical box.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Nick's right there are deals to be had i purchased the M2 Amp from audioaffair a little before christmas for £1400 new.even though on there website its priced at £1800?.

you'll need to contact them and see what discount theyll give you.

hope this helps

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
A couple of months back the Roksan M2 integrated amp and cd player were selling at £1650 but seem to be £1800 wherever i look lately. Is this price rise just a cost increase imposed by Roksan or are these amps new with upgraded components ?

£150 seems to be quite a big hike in price for what might be an identical box.

Back to the O.P. - what is the reason behind the big price rise of the M2's ?

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
GREED simple As

In this day and age you need to haggle simples, you'll be surprised how much of a discount you can get if you harass.

Regards

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Roksan Caspian M2 is WHF amplifier of the year 2013 at that price range, thus the prices went up after the WHF Awards were announced.

The manufacturer is constant, the dealers are the ones boosting or decreasing prices.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
These are all pretty narrow minded generalisations to make. I know for a fact that at my store, our suppliers were giving us additional financial support over the end of year sales so that we could advertise products for a cheaper price than we could typically sell them, however this additional support only ran for the duration of the sale.

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Roksan Caspian M2 is WHF amplifier of the year 2013 at that price range, thus the prices went up after the WHF Awards were announced.

The manufacturer is constant, the dealers are the ones boosting or decreasing prices.

The rrp is set by manufacturer/importer. The dealers generally have 40-50% margin which obviously has to cover oerheads but it is up to you to haggle. I have never paid rrp for any hifi including naim.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Philim said:
Vladimir said:

The rrp is set by manufacturer/importer. The dealers generally have 40-50% margin which obviously has to cover oerheads but it is up to you to haggle. I have never paid rrp for any hifi including naim.

40-50% on speakers, maybe. Very few boxes are at that kind of margin. Electronics often start at around 30%, but the prices get slashed so quickly and sharply, a dealer is lucky to get 25%. TVs are far less than that as well.

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Deliriumbassist said:
Philim said:
Vladimir said:

40-50% on speakers, maybe. Very few boxes are at that kind of margin. Electronics often start at around 30%, but the prices get slashed so quickly and sharply, a dealer is lucky to get 25%. TVs are far less than that as well.

Most main component hifi margins are at the 40-50% that i have seen.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Philim said:
Deliriumbassist said:
Philim said:
Vladimir said:

They aren't in general, trust me. You really start to memorise margins when your pay is based on it. :p

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Deliriumbassist said:
Philim said:
Deliriumbassist said:
Philim said:
Vladimir said:

They aren't in general, trust me. You really start to memorise margins when your pay is based on it. :p

Maybe you need to haggle bigger discounts :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
£1270 where live, and thats regular retail price for new boxed unit. Usually there is a £80-£100 discount for regular customers and additional for ex-demo units. So I can get a new Caspian M2 today from a dealer for £1200, in Macedonia. Shouldn't it be cheaper than this in the UK?

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
£1270 where live, and thats regular retail price for new boxed unit. Usually there is a £80-£100 discount for regular customers and additional for ex-demo units. So I can get a new Caspian M2 today from a dealer for £1200, in Macedonia. Shouldn't it be cheaper than this in the UK?

Exchange rates or rip off britain...

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
The Mad One said:
Nick's right there are deals to be had i purchased the M2 Amp from audioaffair a little before christmas for £1400 new.even though on there website its priced at £1800?.

you'll need to contact them and see what discount theyll give you.

hope this helps

So what is your opinion on the M2 amp ? A good match for my MA Silver RX6 speakers ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts