Roksan Kandy MkIII with Eltax Symphony 6 speakers?

jcarruthers

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am asking this on behalf of a friend.

They have the speakers already and are wondering compatibility with the Roksan amp.

They listen to electronica, post punk, metal, modern classical, hip hop… so sounds like they need something versatile.

A friend used to have these speakers driven by Sherwood amp. They were very good for the money, sub-£200 I think, but the Kandy MKIII retailed around £550 when new. Not heard the two togesther but the Roksan would have more than enough wellie and quality for the Eltaxses.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I dont know about the Symphony line but Eltax did make some fine speakers. They've done that for a while.

I got a Monitor III, a small standmount with downward exiting port in my bedroom system. Nicely put together with passable drivers, not sure if they make their own drivers but they have decent magnets. I have seen much more expensive speakers that are not put together any better.

Some review measured them and they stay to within 3db from 70 or so hz to 20khz. No mean achievement for such an inexpensive speaker

Took an hour to both rewire and hardwire internally as I do with all my speakers, plus, in this case add additional damping and disperse some cabinet energy by fitting junior hockey pucks (!) on both side panels, internally ... needless to say. Very good sounding.

regards

jcarruthers said:
Thanks for the replies.

And how about the sound qualities of Roksan gear for the intended music genres?

The early Kandy incarnations sound fabulous with most types of music. However, as I found, if the room isn't big enough, they CAN sound boisterous with the rockier types of music (I sit around 8-9' from the speakers, and the speakers are about a 12" from wall). This is, of course, based on my RS6s, not the Eltax.

Alternatively, look out for a Exposure 2010, which is just as good IMHO minus any nasties.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts