Roksan Kandy LIII or Rega Apollo

T

the record spot

Both are pretty good, but had you narrowed your shortlist down to these two, or would you widen the choice to include some others?

A

Anonymous

Hello the record spot,

between these 2, which you would recommend ?

I would suggest the Kandy, only because I've not heard the Rega. There are a number of people who love the Apollo.

I was thinking about buying the Kandy but I was advised not to...pound for pound, I was told my Arcam is better VFM. As RS said, both are very worthy.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Kandy KC1 (think the Mk3 was the upgrade to this) and with Marantz amp and Monitor Audio speakers is really nice. Reccommend it.

Not heard the Rega though but itis always talked about in very high regard.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If you can get the Rega Apollo then I'd say go for it...

IMO it's a better CDP than the Roksan and has a better longevity when it comes to other system upgrades
emotion-5.gif

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I owned the Apollo for a few months and returned it. Not my cup of tea at all. A number of factors may have been at play but overall i found the Apollo very uninspiring. Its certainly poles apart from your Marantz imho. What speakers and amplifier do you have ?

T

the record spot

sskong:
Hello the record spot,

between these 2, which you would recommend ?

Not heard either, but I understand both are somewhat different in their presentation. Best to hear them if you can, ideally, in the same set-up, even more ideally, in your own one!

I found that the AudioEnz site (from New Zealand) has been very reliable for reviews - they nailed the SA7001-KI review nicely and got it bang on from my subsequent experience with the player. Maybe see if they have back reviews online (which is where I read mine) for the objects of your digital desire!

A

Anonymous

Hello sthomas048,

Amp :- Consonance M100 - EL34

Spk :- Sonus Faber Concerto Home

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts