Roksan Kandy KA1 Mk 111 phono stage problem

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
The phono stage on my Roksan has started only playing through 1 channel. Do these go at some point? I've routed the Rega through a Thorens Phono box and into a line input and is fine. As is all other inputs. Weird and a shame, it sounded great.

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, tested the connections etc..the fact it runs via the phono stage via another line in def seems to suggest phono input has gone. Sounds ok but was happy with the Roksan sound

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

The phono stage on my Roksan has started only playing through 1 channel.
It looks to me like relays do the input switching on your amp (you will know that's true if you hear clicking as you change inputs).

It's likely that the phono input relay is only successfully switching one channel.
Either its contacts are not connecting, or there is insufficient voltage energising its coil.

If you (or someone you know) is confident enough to avoid the live mains within, it would be worth getting to the relay pins (on the solder side) for some deliberate short- circuiting and voltage measurement.

If not and it's convenient for you to get the amp to South East Essex, leave it to me 👍

TRENDING THREADS