Roksan Kandy K2 remote

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm back again, you may have ssen my " Which speakers " post elsewhere. But i thought this deserved a seperate post...One small niggle i have about the K2 amp is the fact that the remote control of the volume seems very hit and miss. unless you are very close and aiming it very carefully, the volume will not respond, and i'm talking any more than say 3 feet away and it won't have it...I have tried brand new Duracells in the remote but the "problem" is still there, has anyone else encountered this ?

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Is it just the volume or are other remote functions also affected? If it's just the volume it could be dirty contacts withing the remote itself. That would mean opening the remote & gently cleaning the contacts on the board & the pads that operate them with Isopropyl Alcohol. I say gently because there may be a very thin carbon coating on either that can be rubbed away.

If it's all functions, try to ascertain where the remote window is on the amp & ensure that it's clean. Then operate the remote while viewing the IR emitter through the screen of a digital camera. This will make the IR visible & you will be able to see if the "light" is strong & stable. If it isn't, most likely cause (assuming the battery contacts are clean) is a bad joint on the IR emitter LED itself.

A

Anonymous

Mine is exactly the same, it only works when you aim directly at the device. Maybe they thought let's save some energy on the signal because the touch screen is already eating most of the battery. Seriously it is probably because it can be programmed as a universal remote and you don't want to operate other devices by accident.

Now you got me started I wish Roksan had just stuck with the old generic remote (same a Cyrus supplies). This new one is praised in all reviews because of its looks but is actually horrible: it is bulky, not very sensitive, touch screen is just tough, it doesn't control the cd display settings nor does it open the cd drawer. More over, to me it doesnot seem to fit with Roksan's products vision which says all function and not so much design.

Ahh, that's just what I needed, some remote bashing... I do love the cd and amp though!! :grin:

A

Anonymous

It doesn't appear to be anything to do with dirty contacts, and everything else works fine it's just the volume control that is LAZY...I too think the remote is bulky and too fancy dancy instead of concentrating on key functions...It will work on volume adjustment everytime if you sit next to the amp , which kinda defeats the object... So it's not just mine then:wall:

A

Anonymous

Kefman - I have the same amp and had a similar problem. The problem was however easily resolved for me in as much as the mirrored panel on the amp where the volume dial is has a 'plastic' protective film over it which should be removed!

How did you get on with your speaker search. I have ex dem Sonus Fabers and would recommend you get a demo of these if you can and they are within budget.

A

Anonymous

I peeled the film off my amp when i got it, so i can't blame that...As far as speakers is concerned i'm still pondering, as i'm not sure i dislike my KEF's enough to warrant spending my wad, but i'll certainly listen to as many as i can, so thanks for the suggestion

A

Anonymous

Rymidd, What sort of distance will it work at though ? My limit is about 3 feet with new batteries

KEFMAN

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
Volume control is still the same, but thought i would update you on my speakers. I got a pair of pre owned Spendor S5E's ..And am quite pleased with them.:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts