Roksan Kandy history

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

What is the history of the Roksan Kandy amp? revisions, models and the differences between them? I'm just about to buy a second hand one and I'm just ondering how I can tell which one I'm buying:)

Thank you

Dan

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The last Amp models all had the L111 tag on the back and before that they were just called the MK111 from memory - i wouldn't buy anything older than that - the two amps are very similar in sound with the L111 just edging it in the midrange. The L111 was a complete rebuild of the MK111.

As far as i am aware the CD players never received the L111 badge so i guess you should look for a MK111 CDP - great player

Anything other than these and i think you would be looking at players over three years old.

Roksan has a habit of upgrading models but never chnaging any of the badges so the only way to tell was by seriel numbers a real nightmare - you could try emailing roksan i have always found them very quick to respon - pretty much within 24 hours

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys! the amp is a Kandy MKIII and the CD is MK3 too. The guy is also selling the Pure DAB and a Monitor Audio RS6 - all for about £600 - so it looks like a bargain - I hope;-)

Dan

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I sold both my Mk111 kandy amp and CDP for just over £300 each from memory on ebay my L111 went for about £400 - they were all boxed and pretty much mint. My Pure DAB went for about £60 so yeah does look a bargain.

Prob get just under a grand for it on ebay if all in mint condition

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I just traded my Kandy mkIII amp for the Rega Brio 3. Its sound just didn't sit very well with me during 3 years of owndership. If I were you, I would take time and joy to listen to components cheaper than the Kandy's, and try to find synergy that suits your musical preference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts