Roksan K3 upgrade

Hello audio world,

Can anyone tell me if the Musical Fidelity M6si would be a substantial jump up from the K3?

Thanks all
define substantial jump.
It has slightly more power but less in the way of facilities. I guess it would be horses for courses.
The fact it's £1000 dearer doesn't mean a lot, perhaps if you are driving particularly difficult speakers it would be a better option

matthewpiano

I found the K3 to be a fairly aggressive party animal of an amp, and not so great at the subtleties - the reason I don't have it any more. I think you would find the MF different in this respect, but if you like the Roksan sound but are looking for something extra it may be worth considering something higher up their range.

Reactions: 12oner
I found the K3 to be a fairly aggressive party animal of an amp, and not so great at the subtleties - the reason I don't have it any more. I think you would find the MF different in this respect, but if you like the Roksan sound but are looking for something extra it may be worth considering something higher up their range.
Agree, the Caspians are completely different beasts

Reactions: matthewpiano

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
define substantial jump.
It has slightly more power but less in the way of facilities. I guess it would be horses for courses.
The fact it's £1000 dearer doesn't mean a lot, perhaps if you are driving particularly difficult speakers it would be a better option
Thanks for reply Al, I'm not too worried about it being packed with features, I will most likely just be using it with a streamer so don't require many inputs. Sorry, I meant substantial jump in audio performance, more bass grip, more detail etc.

I have my K3 paired with MA Gold 100's, and while I think it's a really good match I wondered if the M6si would give them even more detail, a bigger soundstage and maybe a touch more bass grip. Though I feel that tweeter does provides a lot of detail regardless.

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Ah really, I've got it paired with MA Gold 100's and feel as a speaker (in my eyes) which isn't voiced to 'jump out a you' they work well as a pairing. Was just intrigued to see if people thought the M6si was an overall jump in sound quality and actually wondered if would open up/add more detail in the top end. Do you feel Roksan amps are voiced in a more forward way than Musical Fidelity?

Thanks

Thanks for reply Al, I'm not too worried about it being packed with features, I will most likely just be using it with a streamer so don't require many inputs. Sorry, I meant substantial jump in audio performance, more bass grip, more detail etc.

I have my K3 paired with MA Gold 100's, and while I think it's a really good match I wondered if the M6si would give them even more detail, a bigger soundstage and maybe a touch more bass grip. Though I feel that tweeter does provides a lot of detail regardless.
Yes I think the M6si would give what you describe but then so would the Caspian M2 and that's about £700 cheaper. Also you wouldn't be paying for an internal phono stage that you don't need or indeed the many watts per channel that you don't need either (60 to 120 watts are specified for your speakers so 220 might be a tad excessive.)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts